L9 & Stylus RMX - L9 crash on tempo change

RobbinsEgg

When I have the Stylus RMX (latest version) window open and change the tempo in the transport, Logic crashes. If I close the Stylus window, no problem. If I move it to my 2nd monitor, no problem. Seems to be the only plug in that has this behavior. Obviously I can't tell if its a Logic problem or Stylus RMX. Anybody else experiencing this?

When I have the Stylus RMX (latest version) window open and change the tempo in the transport, Logic crashes. If I close the Stylus window, no problem. If I move it to my 2nd monitor, no problem. Seems to be the only plug in that has this behavior. Obviously I can't tell if its a Logic problem or Stylus RMX. Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes. Easily re-produced, too:

1) Launch Logic. Select the Empty template.

2) Create an instrument track.

3) Select Stylus RMX as the input for the track.

4) Select a loop to play in Stylus.

5) In Stylus, click on the stop button.

6) In Logic, try to adjust the tempo. Crash, boom, bang!

-k

Working just fine here. Are both of running Stylus 1.8.2d?

Yes. Interestingly, the AU manager still lists it as being 1.7.1 though. Re-scanning Stylus reveals that the so called Bundle version is 1.8.2.

-k

Open a new project and change your output device to built in and see if you still get the crash after opening stylus and changing the tempo. If Logic doesn't crash, try reinstalling the Digidesign Core Audio Driver.

If Logic still crashes, try reinstalling the 1.8.2d update.

All up to date on Digi drivers and firmware (site doesn't seem to let me re-download files if I'm up to date) and same result.

Interestingly, if you click and drag tempo change all is ok, it's only when you double click then try to enter a new tempo that it crashes.

All up to date on Digi drivers and firmware (site doesn't seem to let me re-download files if I'm up to date) and same result.

Interestingly, if you click and drag tempo change all is ok, it's only when you double click then try to enter a new tempo that it crashes.

Seems to be the only plugin that does this. Wanted to report this to Spectrasonics but they don't really have a way to do that, do they? I know Eric checks Northern Sounds every now and then...

-k

It's a key focus problem or something similar.

I can replicate the same behavior.

Try this:

• Initiate RMX.

• Close RMX window using ESC or Command - W

No Go???

Now

• Close with the little X on the top left of the window.

• Double - Click RMX on the Channel Strip to open the window again.

• Now try closing the window with ESC or Command - W.

Eureka it works!!!

Now

• Double - Click RMX on the Channel Strip to open the window once again.

• Double - Click the tempo on the Transport (if you watch closely you can see

how the arrange page gets Key Focus.) and enter a new tempo.

It works. :lol:

So the workaround is to close the RMX window one time before altering.

I'd say that this is a bug in Stylus RMX when initiated.

• 1 month later...