"Damaged Song!" encapsulate or repair?

rikki rivett

HI,

The encapsulate button It actually appeared to me in a Logic Song who had the hell of an environment. So what it did worked for me was to use my own environmet. This one had a lot of stuff for controlling guitar pedals and stuff like that.

However, I never got rid of the warning message, but I still worked with the file saving as and all that.

Cheers!

HI,

The encapsulate button It actually appeared to me in a Logic Song who had the hell of an environment. So what it did worked for me was to use my own environmet. This one had a lot of stuff for controlling guitar pedals and stuff like that.

However, I never got rid of the warning message, but I still worked with the file saving as and all that.

Cheers!

So Ignacio, are you saying that the song had its Envrionment removed with "encapsulate"?

How I wish emagic support were still there at the end of the 'phone to answer a simple question ilke this!!!!!!!

RR

PS whoops, posted again!! 8)

Opening a song, getting the "damaged song!" warning, Logic offers to either "encapsulate" or "repair".

I saw that for the first time today after upgrading to TIGER, and just once when subsequently launching LOGIC for the first time after the upgrade. (My Logic preference is currently set to open the last song that I was working on).

For what it's worth, I chose REPAIR and the file is fine same as it ever was.

I got the same message when I went to open project that I had been working on for a couple of days. I'm in the habit of using "Save As..." often or when I've performed a major change to a mix or edit, and this was the 16th version of the Logic project.

However, it never appeared when opening a project until I started noticing problems with Logic Pro playing back automation. It was a mix with a lot of volume rides on a majority of tracks and busses. Sometimes it would just stop playing back the automation. I would have to quit Logic and shutdown. When I opened up the last project I was on, that's when I would get the message.

Anyone else have the same problem with Logic automation?

G5 Dual 2.5Ghz/4Gb RAM/2 Lacie FW 800 d2 drives/Mac OS 10.4.1 (at the time)

that's interesting......I don't think the damaged song had automation problems, though it did have the "weird transposition bug" -see my other post with that name:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=504

I have had strange automation things happening however, where a track would suddenly show enormous rapid zig-zigs in volume. Scary! Didn't have it in the damaged song though. Also I have recently had an error message from my Mackie Control so there could be a problem with the faders.

RR