completely weird transposition bug

rikki rivett

this can really drive you crazy!

Some exs24 tracks in a song play back transposed ( without any transpose value set for instrument, track or region) . The editor shows the correct notes, but they're played back a tone lower.

Where's the SmallScreamOfDesperation icon???

Restarting Logic did fix the problem, but it's not the first time I've had this. has anyone else experienced it?

greetings

RR

I've changed the TUNING on my YAMAHA P60 by inadvertantly hitting the wrong piano keys when trying to send various commands to the keyboard.

The thing has almost no buttons so you set MIDI channel or REVERB or Transposition/Tuning by hitting the lowest A & C# combined with another key on the piano keyboard (for example). Hasn't happened often but it is something that folks might want to look into in similar situations.

I've changed the TUNING on my YAMAHA P60 by inadvertantly hitting the wrong ..... keys.........

Yamaha are known for this. It's called Japanese button-saving and it rivals

bonsai trees or the tea ceremony for the number of devotees it commands

in those islands.

Tried programming a TX81Z lately ...... ?

8)

When you have that problem, go to the Arrange's local menu: View>Global Track Components>Transposition and make sure there are no nodes on that Global Track.

I did check this-checked everything, I think, which could cause wrong pitch (including PitchBend).No clue. And the event editor showing a different pitch to the notes played back is also odd. Midi thru is not transposed, either.

A friend of mine has had the same problem. A restart always fixes it.

Either it's a bug or some fault has crept into songs we both have worked on.

RR