Effect Randomizer V2 (Random Nature2)

I finally got around to creating a more advanced (and hopefully easier to use) version of my previous Effect Randomizer (Random Nature):

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=34215

Thought I'd share it with the kind folks here!

One of the big improvements between Version 1 and V2 is the ability to switch the Randomizer onto 'Learn mode' and learn a plug-in parameter by clicking on it. No need to check the monitor for Channel and Parameter data and set it manually!

I must thank Fader8, Ski and Steve H for unknowingly helping this environment come to life. Thank you!

Full instructions are in the Project Notes... and in fact in ? button in Random Nature's interface. Feel free to unpack the macro and delve through the cables!

Here's what it looks like:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8374/picture3xt.png

Hope you Enjoy!

Random Nature V2 example.zip

Random Nature V2

Thanks Djordji!

Hope you enjoy using it :)

It's great man. Ain't no question about this... for shure I'm going to use it and it's always great to see peopel being creativ in the environment and you created it really userfrendly ( do you say it in english like that? ). i appreciate that.

And can a plugin solution be more flexible than this? :wink:

I took a quick look inside the macro and it doesn't look like you heard about the 398 cable issue.... :D

Thanks Djordji!

Hope you enjoy using it :)

It's great man. Ain't no question about this... for shure I'm going to use it and it's always great to see peopel being creativ in the environment and you created it really userfrendly ( do you say it in english like that? ). i appreciate that.

And can a plugin solution be more flexible than this? :wink:

I took a quick look inside the macro and it doesn't look like you heard about the 398 cable issue.... :D

Thanks again for your kind words!

Yes, the term in English is 'user friendly' and I admit I was pleased to read that as I tried to make the User Interface easy to use.

398 cables issue... LOL! You didn't count them all? ;-)

I would have liked to have one more randomizer row... perhaps in the future I will figure out a more elegant way to get it to work...

398 cables issue... LOL! You didn't count them all?

:lol:

Yes i did but not in your macro, in an other project when we created a realtive fader.

The goal was to have an realitve fader for 50 channelsstrips.

Lets say you load the same plugin to all 50 channelstrips and set the same value for each channelstrip individually.

And now you want to increase or decrease this value of all channelstrips with one knob so that the relation to each other stays the same.

We optimized and optimized it and at the end we reached the max amount of 25 Channelstrips that could receive the midi data of the relative fader.

Once you get in touch with the cable issue you delet all you don't need in a macro.

I would have liked to have one more randomizer row... perhaps in the future I will figure out a more elegant way to get it to work...

Maybe it is an idea to create and optimize a "one row" macro, which is then extensible simply with copy and paste to the rows the user needs.

With your Macro i can add with copy and paste 4 more randomizer rows which is quite cool.

I think a one row concept would be more flexible. but this can be also question of taste or the idea of how to use it

Greetz

Djordji

Yes, I see what you mean. Interesting Environment concept you created (Relative value of a parameter across 50 CSs).

There's a lot going on in Random Nature 2. Some things I was able to take out (can you believe it!). I'm sure it could be streamlined further, but I just don't have the time right now. The other challenge for me was to make it almost completely automatic when detecting and learning which Insert slot the plugin is placed on and the parameter of the plugin. I also wanted to make one Macro with as many randomizers as possible... With one Row only it can become messy for the user to cable multiple individual rows I think... But the previous version of Random Nature had 8! I settled on 4 simply because I tend to use between 1-3 at a time and I like having some screen space free ;-)

Do people want more randomizer rows available per Macro?

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!