Any estimated release date on LS 10

Reed

When will Microsoft Office 2014 be out?

Hey ! Stay on topic. Otherwise people can't find the important information they're looking for.

Open your own thread with your own question. I'm sure knowledgeable persons will chime in and answer your query to the fullest. A lot of Apple and Microsoft insiders and even programmers usually frequent this type of forum and they always gladly tell you when they are about to release something, what the new features will be and what bugs are going to be fixed. Heck, they will even admit there are bugs.

Christian

I know someone who works on the Logic team at apple and they told me yesterday over coffee that LP10 is due to be released on 10/10/2010. New features will include:

• auto-mix - pass in your favourite track and it will mix your song to sound like that.
  • auto-accompaniment - sing your melody and logic will add synths, drums and guitar parts for you automatically, choosing the most appropriate harmony.
  • melodyne-style auto-tune
  • no less than 6 more software instruments
  • The full VSL cube as standard.
  • The installation will give you back 16GB of hard disk space

The long term plan is to merge the pro apps into the iLife range, offering a "pro" upgrade under the brand title "garage band pro". Similarly, Final Cut Pro will be renamed to "iMovie Pro". Exciting times!! They expect the merging process to begin early 2012.

keep this quiet, as they're not supposed to tell anyone and my friend might get in trouble.

keep this quiet, as they're not supposed to tell anyone and my friend might get in trouble.

JOHNNO!!!!!! I thought I had sufficiently stressed to you that you should use the utmost discretion when discussing these features! Now I'm toast!

That's it, man. No more Christmas Rum Cakes for you. I'm cutting you off. Traitor.

Reed, FWIW, I have Logic 9 and about the same machine as you do, same processor at least. I would suggest you go ahead an update. By the time Logic 10 comes out your going to need a new machine to run it. As it works now Logic 9 runs pretty hot on our build. YMMV

Best of wishes.

JOHNNO!!!!!! I thought I had sufficiently stressed to you that you should use the utmost discretion when discussing these features! Now I'm toast!

That's it, man. No more Christmas Rum Cakes for you. I'm cutting you off. Traitor.

:oops: Oops. Dude, I'm so sorry. Erm....how can I make it up to you? I'll tell you what, I'll tell apple that it was really David that told me and not you. Then it will be him who gets in trouble. :-)

:oops: Oops. Dude, I'm so sorry. Erm....how can I make it up to you? I'll tell you what, I'll tell apple that it was really David that told me and not you. Then it will be him who gets in trouble. :-)

Great idea! :lol:

Meanwhile fader8, can you redirect the Xmas Rum Cakes this way? Hmmmm sounds good.

Reed, since it appears you might have been serious with this question, all we can do is look at the past to predict the future. Logic 8 came out about 2 years after Logic 7, and Logic 9 came out about 2 years after Logic 8, my guess is - well Logic 9 has been out about 6 months - Logic 10 is about 1 year 1/2 away?

I've got some pretty reliable information from inside sources that say that Logic 10 will be released sometime after 15 Jan 2010.

:lol: I'm sure that will make many of us really happy :shock: and $200 poorer as well.

Reed, your most certainly welcome.

One more thing, off topic of course.

I've heard that getting an additional 7200rpm internal hard disk drive in place of the internal CD/DVD burner actually can really help with your read performance. This of course gives you two internal drives. I have not updated yet since my apple care will end in May of this year and I do not wish to void my warranty yet.

Sometime soon I will be looking into the retrofit for the 7200rpm drive to replace the internal CD/DVD drive. I've also heard that the macbook is very picky about which drive will perform properly, not sure if the mini has the same issue. I have not done my research yet, but intend to soon.

Anyway, best of wishes with your Logic Studio fun.

The world is going to end?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What mic combination would be best utilized for recording an event like that? :?

(Hey. At least i'm TRYING to stay within the confines of AUDIO here - although I've wittily sidesteped the hideous conundrum of "when does L10 get here" and therefore risk being "off topic" in this thread.)

But seriously: something like a U421 for all the low frequency rumbling, and maybe a c1000s to get all the sizzling sounds?)

The world is going to end?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What mic combination would be best utilized for recording an event like that? :?

You'd want to use a B&K Type 4941 as it will capture up to 180dBspl at less than 3% distortion. You'd be ready for the Big Bang!

I thought it was gonna be a WHIMPER! :P

• 8 months later...