Environment, object editor disappears immediately...[SOLVED]

Tykster

Hey peeps,

New to Logic 8, setting it up on a new Mac mini, in the environment I'm setting up an external midi instrument, following the instructional video, but the part where the instructors "edit object definition" stays on the screen....mine doesn't :cry:

I've rebooted and started a new empty project with the same results...is this a known glitch ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Tykster

Thanks. I'm a little disappointed that there's not been a bug fix for this...I've since done what I suppose was expected and upgraded to 9.... :roll:

It was fixed. Upgrade to the latest version of Logic 9.

Having to upgrade to Logic 9 at a cost of $200 doesn't constitute a bug fix for Logic 8.

Right. But that's true of all versions of Logic: at one point the team stops fixing bugs on the older version to focus on the newer major version, which includes some bug fixes and some new features. Just like at some point the team will have to stop fixing bugs in Logic 9 to focus 100% on Logic 10, its bug fixes and its new features.

Anyway you said you upgraded to Logic 9.0 (according to your signature) and the bug wasn't fixed - it was (in Logic 9), just update to a newer version of Logic 9 (for free). Or maybe I misunderstood and you were just complaining about the fact that you had to upgrade to Logic 9 to get that bug fixed?

Right. But that's true of all versions of Logic: at one point the team stops fixing bugs on the older version to focus on the newer major version, which includes some bug fixes and some new features. Just like at some point the team will have to stop fixing bugs in Logic 9 to focus 100% on Logic 10, its bug fixes and its new features.

Anyway you said you upgraded to Logic 9.0 (according to your signature) and the bug wasn't fixed - it was (in Logic 9), just update to a newer version of Logic 9 (for free). Or maybe I misunderstood and you were just complaining about the fact that you had to upgrade to Logic 9 to get that bug fixed?

Hehe, the latter, just a minor gripe though as in the long run it's worth staying up to date with the releases...it's not like Logic is a bad value package. I was simply eager to finish setting up my studio with a new computer etc. and encountered this minor hurdle....

OK. This is ridiculous, I've just tried to go into my environment object editor with my upgraded software and it is still doing the same thing as before. It will not keep the editor box open for more than a split second.... anything else I should try ?

Additionally it plays the same patch on every track regardless of what it says in the inspector....

I'm following an instructional DVD and it simply doesn't do as advertised..... :roll:

Update : I've just attached my old Macbook (with 10.5.8 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2gigs of ram) running Logic 8 to my keyboard ....and it works as advertised. So I can conclude that it isn't human error ( probably :? ) I can only conclude that it is the combination of the new Mac mini with the Snow Leopard and Logic 9 that for some reason aren't being friendly....where to go from here then ?

Update - D/L'ed the 9.1 and it fixed the disappearing box problem, however another anomaly sprung up..... I'll start a separate thread :)