An advanced problem with making a wobble bass with ES2.

Okay, so I have a wobble bass sound similar to this one

Now I'm doing trying to do these dubstep melodies with this wobble bass, and as you may know the frequency of the "wobble" changes a lot in the most of the dubstep melodies. Making the wobble faster is easy, just by tuning the LFO2 frequency higher, but now I'm trying to get the wobble sound slower but it is sounding lame :D

See, I want slow wobbles to my song, for example like the first wobble in this song, at time 1:14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgHdzcTvFgI

The logical answer would be to tune the LFO2 frequency down, but if you do that, the whole audio wave starts really slowly (try it yourself to get a better explanation), but what I want is like e.g. in that Rico Tubbs song, so that the wobble sounds slow, but it starts immediately when you press the key, now the wave first "goes down" and just then after a second or two starts to rise as it does in the example song's first wobble.

I guess the problem might be in the shape of the audio wave, but up until now haven't found a proper combination.

I know my explination was probably as confusing as a drunkman's talk but I know this shouldn't be a hard thing to do as so many dubstep songs have these "slow yet quick" :D wobbles. If you stil don't know what the hell I'm talking about I hope at least you liked the song. Finnish dubstep quality :P

Or try this Sculpture preset on for size.

Hi fader8,

Where in this chain of folders does your f8_WobblyBass.pst go so I can check it out?

{Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/

An existing folder in the Plug-In Settings folder? Or create a new folder? No folder, just put it in the Plug-In Settings folder?

Or try this Sculpture preset on for size.

Hi fader8,

Where in this chain of folders does your f8_WobblyBass.pst go so I can check it out?

{Home}/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/{Name-of-plug-in}/

An existing folder in the Plug-In Settings folder? Or create a new folder? No folder, just put it in the Plug-In Settings folder?

If it's not already there, create the folder.

HOW TO use the setting files in this forum

If it's not already there, create the folder.

HOW TO use the setting files in this forum

Thanks for the reply David. Yeah, I looked at that link before posting. I was basically curious if one of the folders inside "Plug-in Settings" was the place to go or if I should just drop it in "Plug-in Settings" or create a new folder in "Plug-in Settings" which might say "whatever". Sorry, I have an easier time communicating verbally in person. Thanks for your patience.

If you've never saved a Sculpture preset, there wouldn't be a "Sculpture" folder in that location yet. If you open Sculpture and save a preset, then the folder for that plug-in gets created automatically in the right location. It's an alternative to creating the folder manually in the Finder.

If you've never saved a Sculpture preset, there wouldn't be a "Sculpture" folder in that location yet. If you open Sculpture and save a preset, then the folder for that plug-in gets created automatically in the right location. It's an alternative to creating the folder manually in the Finder.

Actually, that's probably the best way to do it: that way you can guarantee you're not making a typo when creating the folder!

Cool! I got it to work. Thanks fader8 and David. Nice preset fader. I like it. I will play around with it and learn from it. Thanks again.

Hey, you're welcome. Try it into a few pedalboards, like "Seventies Rock" or "Seventies Stadium" for some extra fun!

• 2 months later...

Not that i make Dubstep but i have a couple of friends that are right into it. The key to them getting some "meat" behind there big bass sounds is layering. They will play the same notes on three sometimes four synth patches

A sub

Low Mids

High Mids

Highs

and they treat each sound a little different and then glue the sounds all together to make one huge sounding bass. Maybe try low cutting each of the bass sounds to give the room for the sub and applying a little distortion to the highs to give them that bite. Then bus the basses together and add some compression to them to glue the sounds together.

Like i said i don't make this style of dance music but these are some of the tips i have seen other producers use.

I hope this helped

Keep rocking

Craig Williams

www.myspace.com/craigwilliamsmusic