CoreMIDI.framework ?[SOLVED]

You have the unfortunate combination of M-Audio and CME MIDI drivers. They are probably not getting along.

Try uninstalling the CME driver, re-install the M-Box 2 driver, and just plug your CME into the M-Box with MIDI cables. See if it runs OK like that for a while.

No need to go back to 8.0.1, you just need to pick out that file from the installer package and replace the one that the 8.0.3 update put in your system. I used Pacifist which even lets you do searches inside the package for that specific file. So after locating the DigiDioMIDI.plugin, control click on it from within Pacifist and choose "Install to Default Location"...or just drag and drop it.

J.

Drag the DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin over to /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/ and replace the one that's already there.

Note: In Pacifist it looks like a folder, but it really is just a package with more files inside it. You just drag the whole thing...or choose install to default location.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4450445522_dbe3b464cf_o.png

J.

Hi jordito,

From now on I shall refer to you as Merlin as you fixed the problem just like a wizard.

I can't thank you enough for your help, your the man!

Keep up the good work that you are already doing.

Groovechild :D

Thanks for the kind words, Groovechild, but I cannot take direct credit for solving this. When I ran into the same problem, first thing I did was to search for an answer in the DUC (Digidesign User Conference) and found this solution there....though it wasn't as detailed as I have explained it here :wink:...and I already had experience in opening installer packages to look for specifc files. Knowing how to do that can be very handy, as you now know.

Anyways, I glad everything's fine now.

J.

• 5 months later...
Dude...

This has been the biggest help.

I went through the trouble of formatting because, as I properly guessed the second time, Core Audio was f-ing up my WHOLE SYSTEM.

I just went through what jordito laid out here... BOOM, problem solved.

Thanks from Hamilton, ON!

You rule.

Glad to help, man!

I wonder if they fixed this in the 8.0.4 update, though?

I installed the update and nothing got broken, so maybe they did...

Anyway, you're welcome!

J.