How to assign a bank change for my controller

buzwah

Now that I'm on a mission to finally get my controller working properly I have a question. I have assigned my 8 faders to work with the first eight channels in my mixer. I need to get the bank change happening to control other groups of 8 channels. I watched a youtube vid that explained what to do. I followed it word for word but it just wont do it for me. I noticed a blue bar at the bottom of the mixer channels showing what channels are controllable. That's not happening for me either. Any tips or tricks to get this happening would make me a very happy man. (I've spent too much time on this already)

Assign a button, and use the following settings:

• Class = Control Surface Group

• Parameter = Fader Bank for Current View

• Bank Type = By Bank

• Mode = Relative

For the "previous bank" button, use the same settings but set "Multiply" to "-1" (that's MINUS 1).

David thank you, I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

I can't seem to get the fader banks to move left or right. Funnily enough when I set it up according to David's suggestion when I hit the next/previous bank all that happens is the track selection in the Arrange pane goes up and down. :roll:

Maybe I should include the link to the youtube clip[ I saw.

This is the Link

The related topic starts at 4 mins. I noticed that when he assigns a fader to a channel below that channel in the mixer is a blue strip. I don't get that when I assign the fader. I wonder if that's making the difference in my setup.

Add something like the icontrol in the controller assignment set up. Manually ADD it via Install. Change the color to something you like.

See if that works.

I hoped you'd get involved eventually Shiver. I did that and guess what the bars instantly appeared below the channels in the mixer. Now all I need is somehow to get the bank change to take effect. The banks change visually to the next bank of 8 but the faders on the controller are still only working on the first 8 channels.

I guess some of it may depend on the way your controller is set up.

However, here is a screenshot of the basics.

The first shot is what each fader should be 1 - 8.

The second is for the left/right. ( one button is '1' and the other would be '-1' )

I have mine set up so that it moves one channel. With the key repeat checked, I can hold down my Left or Right button and it will scroll until I release. So depending on your controller set up, the scroll may go in one direction until you press the button again, or it may go until you release it.

853091745_Picture4.png.f0dafb4bf0cf227280855a309b17edb1.png

1737818502_Picture5.png.05fc89bd8f7d90cf12844854f7f1cfa4.png

Shivermetimbers I can't thank you enough for that bit of info. A picture definitely paints a thousand words ( as they say). The problem I had was the Channel Strip was set to Index instead of Fader Bank. Everything is working now as expected. You have no idea how much time I've spent trying to figure this out :roll: :roll: The key repeat button wont work for me but I'm happy to live with that. Thanks a million.

Shivermetimbers I can't thank you enough for that bit of info. A picture definitely paints a thousand words ( as they say). The problem I had was the Channel Strip was set to Index instead of Fader Bank. Everything is working now as expected. You have no idea how much time I've spent trying to figure this out :roll: :roll: The key repeat button wont work for me but I'm happy to live with that. Thanks a million.

You are welcome.

Also thanks to David for posting the info (I'm lazy and prefer pictures).

I am used to the fact that when you look back at his posts, he is always right. :twisted:

Your key repeat buttons will work depending on the way the buttons are assigned. One way will let you hold down the button and the bank will scroll across the screen, a different setting will automatically scroll without holding the button all the time. I prefer to press and hold.

I am using the FF and Rewind buttons on my nanoK and I think they are set to CC#126 and 127. The CC# they are set to is not all that important.

Hi - I am having trouble with Logic and Supernova 2 - It won't change sounds or banks for some reason. It works in DP and Pro Tools but not Logic. What am I doing wrong? any help would be so greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

reg

Whoa cowboy, you're in the wrong bank (ha ha ha)

You will need to start your own thread with that topic.

http://beyondtheblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bank-holdup.jpg

• 2 years later...
This is the Link

The related topic starts at 4 mins. I noticed that when he assigns a fader to a channel below that channel in the mixer is a blue strip. I don't get that when I assign the fader. I wonder if that's making the difference in my setup.

Add something like the icontrol in the controller assignment set up. Manually ADD it via Install. Change the color to something you like.

See if that works.

Hi, I need some help, I can only see the "blue strip" in the arrange window, how can I see that in the mixer?

• 7 years later...

10 years later and still helpful! I hadn't bothered getting my AxPro 61 switching banks in LPX til now. I guess it took a pandemic to make me take the time... Using multiply values of 8/-8, and faking Logic out by adding the iControl made the Control Surface Bars show up for me too. Sweet!

Take care, everybody.