Missing French Horn sample Zone #37, A#2 [SOLVED]

Samfranklin

I am unable to find on my hard drive or content disks a particular French Horn Sample needed for French Horn leg, French Horn Legato and French Horn Solo. It is found in the EXS24 editor at Zone #37, A#2. Pics showing the file missing are attached. Could someone please copy and post the sample?

1117601592_FrenchHornSoloCropped.png.1e78739097394e7615b6c34d0a7f6135.png

1909834296_FrenchHornSoloCropped.png.97e8ec5126f2c3d30dc475a607992e06.png

Since you're missing that one file, you might also be missing other files. So here's a procedure for recovering that file from your Logic install disks. If other files are missing, you can recover them with a similar procedure.

Download and install Pacifist.

Grab your Logic install disks, and insert this one: Jam Pack Content 2

In the Finder, use this menu command: Go > Go to Folder (or press command-shift-G).

In the dialog that appears, paste this: /Volumes/Jam Pack Content 2/Packages/

And press "Go."

A window will appear called "Packages." Inside the window, select this item: JamPackOrchestralInstruments.pkg

Drag that item and drop it onto the Pacifist application. Pacifist will open the package.

In the toolbar at the top of the Pacifist window, there is a "Find" field. Paste this: HO-L_oV_nA_sus_mf_a#3.wav

And press return. Pacifist will find and select the item.

In the Pacifist toolbar, press the Install button. Pacifist will install the item in its proper location. You will see a progress message "Extracting Files." It might take a while. Just let it work. It's getting this one file (from inside a compressed package) and putting it in the right place.

If you tried to do this with the regular Logic installer, it would be a much more cumbersome process, because the installer doesn't let you select just one item, the way Pacifist does.

Thanks, 45. I tried Pacifist but I had to load and reload the Logic install disk and several content disks in serial fashion and still I could not find the French Horn sample. Several other "missing" samples in the Orchestra genre I did find. Your approach in Pacifist is different from the way I used it, so I'll give it try. Thank you. I thought asking someone to post the one sample file might be the easier approach. By the way, I have tried every instrument in EXS24 and the three French Horns are the only ones that will not load and play properly for lack of this particular A# sample.

I tried Pacifist but I had to load and reload the Logic install disk and several content disks in serial fashion and still I could not find the French Horn sample.

It sounds like you were using a form of trial and error, because you didn't know which disk and which package you needed Pacifist to open. The method I described should work better, because you're telling Pacifist exactly where to look.