Can you save Chord Memorizer settings?

falloutsoldier

Hi Guys, 1st post, hope everyone is coooool

Hey so is it possible for me to save chord memorizer presets, just so I dont have to go through the reasonably long process of setting them up for a scale each track

I realise I can save them as a project template, but it would be nice to be able to switch through existing presets I have previously made within a track, is this possible?

also if so, it would be amazing if there were existing chord memorizer presets out there that I could load in to save me sitting through loads of chord charts hahahaha

many thanks in advance

:D

You would have to create one chord memorizer for each scale you want to have available. You could use a cable switcher to select a particular "preset". But yes, you do have to go through the relatively long process of setting up each scale type you want to use. You can even use a transformer object to transpose up or down (you can do it from the chord memorizer's parameters in the inspector, too).

J.

Well, I created a macro I call the Scale Remapper that I uploaded to the Logic & MainStage Templates and Environments forum.

The idea is to have most western scales/modes at you disposal without having to worry about learning the keyboard fingerings for each one in whichever key. Basically you play a C major scale (white keys) on your keyboard and what you hear is the scale/mode you select in the macro. You can adjust the root key (it only goes up though..to keep it simple...and you can always use the octave buttons in your keyboard if you want to transpose "down" to a particular root key).

The exception are the 5, 6, and 8-note scales, of course. For those I changed the mapping a bit. Pentatonics are triggered only by black keys, hexatonics use all white keys except for the B key, and diminished scales use all white keys plus the A#(Bb) key.

I also included a keyboard monitor so you can see what actual notes are coming out.

Again, this intended for lazy, non-keyboard-playing types who enjoy banging on keys nonetheless (like me).

This thing processes notes at the input level...it doesn't take notes from a region and converts them to a particular scale...that's a more complicated affair.

I don't know if this is what you where looking for, but I can upload it if you like.

J.