Logic Pro 9 freezing/pausing before playback

Hey guys

I have logic 9.1.1 and a shiny new 27" i7 imac with 8gb ram.

I also have a fireface 400 attached via a 800 to 400 cable.

My issue is, randomly when im working on a song, if i hit space to stop the song and then return to go to the beginning of the song and press space again logic just freezes for about 3 seconds then plays the track, the whole computer doesnt freeze as other apps continue to run and ive had activity monitor open watching it while this happens but cant find the cause.

Do you guys have any ideas?

My 2007 macbook pro with 4gb never had this issue.

Thanks

JIm

i had the same RME card on my macbook pro.

Im beginning to tihnk its the hard drive on the imac.

Even when i told the imac to use the built in audio it still does it so that removes the rme from the equation.

It may be an imac issue....arggg....

Sometimes I have it. 2 seconds of silence after I hit the space bar before it actually plays.

10.6.3 with L8 and Motu Ultralite.

Go figure.

maybe its just the way it is then! I just wanted to make sure that my new imac isnt fault/running the best it can.

Gonna try a defrag tho

Sometimes I have it. 2 seconds of silence after I hit the space bar before it actually plays.

10.6.3 with L8 and Motu Ultralite.

Go figure.

maybe its just the way it is then! I just wanted to make sure that my new imac isnt fault/running the best it can.

Gonna try a defrag tho

Im also thinking it could be a plugin that im running....ill go through tonight and turn off all the plugs on my tracks one by one and test.

Cheers

My hdd is journaled, but so is my macbook pro... i dont think journalling has anything to do with it, i bought idefrag today, im gonna try a defrag and see if it helps, ive already ran disk warrior over it to see if there were any problems, there were issues but it didnt solve the problem,

can you please do this,

do 10 xbench hard disk benchmarks one after another, paste your highest and your lowest. are they all the same?

mine will go from around 168 then could dip to 40 over 10 benches.

I did 10 tests and all were almost identical. Lowest score 68.01 to highest score 70.56, on the system disk. Same picture on the audio HD, just 2 points lower on average.

Starts around 160 and then once the random writes begin it'll drop drastically to around 40 and then climb a bit up to just below 70.

Edited by lagerfeldt

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...