AU Validation Tool Erased

Jimmy82

I accidentaly erased the auvaltool from my mac and now logic does not recognise some of my audio units.I tried a lot of things but since at least i can;t find it anywhere on the web i thought that the best solution is if someone can copy theirs and send me one.The Auvaltool is in a hidden folder and it's path i think is /usr/bin/auvaltool.I have the latest version of leopard.Oh and if can someone tell me how to find the hidden folder would be helpfull...

Thanks.

I accidentaly erased the auvaltool from my mac

:shock: How'd that happen?

What you erased is part of the OS, and present in the Mac Os X 10.5.8 combo update which you can download from apple's website (or use your Leopard disc). You don't need to run the installer for all of it to get the auvaltool back, though.

I'd recommend you download Pacifist to open the installer package, use its search box to find the auvaltool, select it and click the "install" button on the upper left.

Oh and if can someone tell me how to find the hidden folder would be helpfull...

To go to that folder you can use the...Go To Folder command in the finder (Shift+Command+G), type or paste /usr/bin/ and click "Go".

J.