region merge and PDC....

freakk guitarist

so far this is my situation, i have a bunch tracks of drums that im slicing up/editing, so i have a kick mic, then a duplicate of that to input to slate trigger, mid way through the song i may have a need to consolidate all of my edits, so far from what i can tell, any track with trigger on it becomes delayed enough to hear significant flamming between the two kick tracks. also the output of the kick is set to my drum aux, which then goes to output 1-2. i have experienced this with other plugins but they arent coming to mind right now. also i may be crazy but sometimes does region merge change the gain of the region?? this hasnt happened in a few weeks but i remember merging some guitar tracks together and either the track volume was down, or the guitar aux volume was down, and it actually printed the pan/fader gain with the merge...but only sometimes. what gives?

• 2 years later...

new situation,

just purchased slate VTM.

working on a 3 minute bass track, the take adds up to 2 miced tracks and 1 DI grouped together, 2 mic channels have VTM on, DI no plugins. the whole song is seperated into 3 parts, beginning middle and end. when i merge regions per tracks (key command shift = ) the tracks with vtm are delayed over 100msecs, if i turn OFF low latency mode, the tracks shift EARLY by about 70 ms.

what. the. hell.