iPad/TouchOSC->Logic Key Commands

Last night I whipped up a set of buttons in TouchOSC for iPad to control Logic key commands via Osculator. So far just one page for sample editor workflow, (those are the commands I can never remember).

The buttons highlight blue when you touch them. Am I missing anything? I didn't include the "Factory" processing items and a few others I'll just use the mouse for.

If anyone wants this template I will post it. You need to own an iPad, TouchOSC, Osculator and of course Logic.

TouchOSC_SE.jpg.b63ecee9cdf8e1348ea5398098fac37e.jpg

• 2 months later...
I've been trying off and on to finish this one up and get on to other pages, but the host-based TouchOSC Editor app has been really buggy for me. Sometimes I'll make a change, save it, and when I reload it the file is corrupted. Then I have to go back and try again, then it happens again, etc., etc. So I'm trying! The dev only has a Facebook page as a web resource, and apparently other folks are complaining. So we'll see if an update is in the works that fixes the issues I'm having.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone seen this video:

This guy made something for Filemaker Pro.

I have wanted something like this since I started using Logic many years ago. Even a custom keycommand window where you can push buttons with the mouse for functions would be better than having to assign and memorize every keycommand.

Hopefully this touch osc controller works out soon.

I have just started messing around with Touch OSC, it is much friendlier than AC-7 Core.

Could you please send me a copy of your layout?

What I REALLY would like, is a Logic Compressor controller/layout for iPad.

I was thinking of trying to make one using sliders to set it rather than pots.

Any ideas/ thoughts, or has someone tried?

Looks cool, but its so hard to find resources on touchOSC on the web.

For example, is it possible to run two ipods at the same time? It would be cool if you could have one ipad setup for key commands, and the other setup for channel strip / transport duty.

Looks cool, but its so hard to find resources on touchOSC on the web.

For example, is it possible to run two ipods at the same time? It would be cool if you could have one ipad setup for key commands, and the other setup for channel strip / transport duty.

I honestly dont know, I only have oneiPad .....for now :wink:

I have been fiddling around with it but it so time consuming for exactly the reason you stated, it is SOOO hard to find any resources. It is a pity because I think they would have a very popular product if they iron it out and provided some how to's and backup.

• 7 months later...