Logic Jumping Faders

krishalpin

Hello there all;

Firstly, I must apologise if this is obvious and/or answered a million times before...

I appear to randomly get faders that randomly drop down to silent; sometimes infinity dB, sometimes not quite.

It just randomly happens, anybody seen that before?

I've done my best to search it out (not only am I a Logic noob, I'm a forum noob too)

Any thoughts?

Hello there all;

Firstly, I must apologise if this is obvious and/or answered a million times before...

I appear to randomly get faders that randomly drop down to silent; sometimes infinity dB, sometimes not quite.

It just randomly happens, anybody seen that before?

I've done my best to search it out (not only am I a Logic noob, I'm a forum noob too)

Any thoughts?

I will now attempt to use my psychic powers. Here goes:

Without Logic running, turn your Keystation's volume fader all the way up. Start Logic again and see if that fixes the problem.

I used to get this kind of thing running Logic 8, it would randomly place little bits of automation, which look a bit like midi files, on an audio track

look out for little squares that appear on top of audio regions and delete them

we don't know which version you're running so please put it in your signature

Ta

Chris

I have recently been getting this behavior as well on multiple projects. it happens occasionally on audio and midi tracks one track at a time and not always the same one. I have looked for automation bugs and don't see any and since it seems to happen randomly on random tracks I don't think that is the problem.

P.S. I am running version 9.1.1

Yes yes, cheers guys!

Chris, thanks for the pointer, I've added the details of both my rigs to my sig - problem is the same on either system :/

El Mustache, that's what I mean. I've tried deleting all automation as a precaution (only just started the mix, so worth a try...) still happens. The weird part is it'll be on a channel I'm not touching; I was editing a bass part earlier, pressed play, kick drum was missing. Sure enough, the fader had jumped to infinity db.

Has happened on two different tracks in the same session. Very odd...

This behavior could be due to 3 things:

1) Track Automation

2) Region Automation

3) External MIDI Controller

You seem to have ruled out #1. What about the others?

2) Open your region in the Event list, and see if you only have note data in there, or if there is also any kind of MIDI Controller data?

3) If you have any external MIDI controllers, try turning them off for a while. If the behavior disappears when a device is off, you know which device is the culprit.

Hey guys,

Sorry, not intending to Bump this; just been off for a few days.

This is really strange, just opened a mix and keeps happening still. No automation there, and track is set to OFF anyway (automation)

I actually saw it happen a minute a go; I wasn't playing back, I'd pressed stop about 30 seconds before and the fader jumped to infinity dB.

David, I checked out the event list, but I can't find a decent explanation of what these numbers are anywhere :( Vocal#09 is the current culprit; as you can see there are lots of 127s and 0s near it, but not sure what they relate too?

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/3189/eventslogic.jpg

In other news, my track icons keep resseting to the default wave type icon...