how to enable/disable input monitoring

basil

Yes, look for Toggle Channel Strip Input Monitoring in the key commands window.

J.

THANK YOU very much. Can I assign the key command to to a controller button such that it will enable/disable a SPECIFIC audio strip; ex "audio1." I got to this point before but cant get the controller to BOTH select the channel AND execute the key command.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Can I assign the key command to to a controller button such that it will enable/disable a SPECIFIC audio strip; ex "audio1." I got to this point before but cant get the controller to BOTH select the channel AND execute the key command.

AFAIK it's not possible, as it's a key command that works on the selected track. So you'll still have to select your track somehow.

AFAIK it's not possible, as it's a key command that works on the selected track. So you'll still have to select your track somehow.

Thanks - I realize if David sees trouble and I'm referred to Mr. Timbers I've gone into the weeds a bit. Just in case anyone wants to think this through with me, this is what I would pursue unless further dissuaded:

Somehow get a midi message (TBD) to trigger (create) a "macro" of sorts (not an environment macro but a series of further midi messages) one to select properly, the last mapped to the key command as mentioned earlier. My fear is that I will go to the trouble to figure this out only to have the final message command fail because there seems to be an interpreter of sorts that eats these things BEFORE they get into the environment if you know what I mean.

Thanks again - you guys make the struggle tolerable :)