aggregate device?

tre_hollywood

Hello all, I purchased a Samson C01U USB microphone and am having trouble with Logic recognizing it. I have it working with GB with no problems, but Logic is another story. I've read where it says choose aggregate device editor from my audio/midi set up screen, but when I go to the audio/midi screen there IS no aggregate device editor screen! Someone please help. I'm going crazy....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you need a more in-depth understanding of the Aggregate Devices, download my free manual from my website called "Audio Devices"

http://homepage.mac.com/edgarrothermich/

Tre, two thoughts about your screenshots

1) It is a good idea to name your Aggregate Device other than your actual Audio Device in order to identify them properly in various menus.

2) Your Aggregate Device Editor lists two Audio Devices with the same name "Samson CO1U". The one you selected is actually greyed out. That doesn't look right.

• 3 months later...

I was able to do that there but with 64 channels of i/o am i going to have to test each input to figure out what it actually is before I name it. WHen the motus are hooked up individually i can see the device default driver names, just wondering if there is a way to still see those default device labels.

Only posting this because i recently had to try and figure out this myster i/o configuration when recording a live gig. Bad idea on my part ended up recording to every input just to be safe.