Official SoundCloud Networking Thread

PRPS

i thought it would be beneficial for those who use the site to network. I just purchased a solo plan on soundcloud.

We can also discuss the positives & negatives about the site and whether it is more beneficial than its competition (soundclick, bandcamp, ect..)

Drop your links if you're on soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/joey-jeff-productions

Also i apologize if this is not in the correct forum....feel free to switch it to another location

• 4 weeks later...

i love soundcloud. Remember the days when you used to rehearse with the band you were in, then load all your gear and go to a club to play your music for 10 people? Now, you pull together some songs at your leisure (sans drama), post 'em on the soundcloud and get them heard by ten times that amount of people. Thats pretty cool in my book.

I would of thought more people would want to post in this thread. :roll:

I am at a complete loss as to what this thread is, actually? Will I have joined some group? What group? The group posting in this thread? Does this thread than become a kind of forum within a forum? Or just a list of people who want to discuss other music hosting sites?

http://sinhala.otunna.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-large.gif

I am at a complete loss as to what this thread is, actually? Will I have joined some group? What group? The group posting in this thread? Does this thread than become a kind of forum within a forum? Or just a list of people who want to discuss other music hosting sites?

http://sinhala.otunna.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-large.gif

I thought the first post summed it up pretty well :lol:

Well, good for you, for me it obviously didn't.

Is there some feature I don't have because I have a humble free account at SC?

Well, good for you, for me it obviously didn't.

Is there some feature I don't have because I have a humble free account at SC?

I got the impression the thread was about discussing our experiences with SC, the pros, the con's, discuss other option that might have different feature, and also to network - a general check my stuff out post (which would indeed be a thread within a thread).

For my pros, i mentioned one above, but the ease of collaboration is great, the search-ability of the site. I really like how when you find a track you like, often based on someones comment on the track you investigate their stuff and discover more good stuff.

Cons - a lot of spammy, facebooky types of shenanigans - users who follow you long enough to spam you with new tracks, then stop following you, all the while never listening to anything on your page. And theres just A LOT of dub.

As to Erics question about special paid features, well, yeah - i have a paid account and i think i can create groups, have a bit more space on the cloud, and can see more details about who plays my tracks (soundcloud username, not personal details or emails), what country they're located in. All in all i'd say its not worth the upgrade, and i likely wont when this one expires. I think it was $30/year.

I'd like to throw another pebble on the pile ~

I would consider the original music I have up there to be a continuos work in progress ~ mostly acoustic but I tickle the ivories every once in a while.

Being new to both this Forum. The Cloud. and Logic I am pretty much just holding on for the ride right now...but oh what a ride it is.[/url]

Edited by jazzymiles

All in all i'd say its not worth the upgrade, and i likely wont when this one expires. I think it was $30/year.

I dunno, the most annoying thing about having a free account is only being able to post a track in one group at a time. I'm considering upgrading to a paid-for account.

right on Rev. Juda$ Sleaze!!

For SoundCloud, i chose the "solo" premium package. The cost was around ~ $105 USD per year.

this includes:

- Unlimited downloads

Remove the shackles for your next promotion and make your sounds available for everyone with unlimited downloads. No need to send people off to some shady file-sharing site when you can do it all in style on SoundCloud. Combine this with the artwork player, privacy controls and the stats you get back and with a Solo account you're perfectly set for almost any occasion.

- Privacy settings

With a Solo account you can start to choose the way people see you sounds online. If you're running a promotional campaign for your latest single maybe you want to keep things clean and SoundCloud's privacy options let you do just that. Hide all the stats on your tracks and choose whether comments should be public, private or not allowed. With a SoundCloud Solo account, you're in charge

- 12 upload hours

20 minutes of storage tape in the 'Cloud is a pretty good start but if you're a pro that's going to fill up quickly. If you need that little bit more or don't want to delete older tracks, Solo is where you'll want to be with up to 12 hours (that's 720 minutes or 43,200 seconds) of storage space. Upload as many tracks you want, whenever you want, delete, add more and repeat at any time.

SoundCloud in general, has a really clean interface which I like, it's extremely user friendly and the widgets make it easy to put on blogs.

As for talent being discovered on the site, i'm not sure the site is "well known" enough at the moment. Also I'm not sure i see enough differences to upgrade to the "Pro" premium subscription.

Overall i am satisfied with my subscription with the site and think this site has a lot of potential.