Loading samples into ultrabeat again.

oilpanic

hi all.

did some searching around but only found posts regarding L8...

Im using 9studio and I want to load a bunch of drums into ultrabeat without having to load each one individually. This should be possible in this day and age, right? So the question is how?

sorry for reposting if the answer is already out there..

thanks you.

You can load the .exs file into UB. :D

Unless I'm missing something you cannot load .exs files into UB, you can only use UB's import feature to display the samples from a .exs file in UB's import column - then you still have to drag and drop the samples onto the voice assignment section individually.

Elementary my dear Watson!

Try dragging the .exs file from either the browser inside Logic or Finder on Os X to the Assignment section within Ultrabeat. You see an embedded plus sign within a green circle. Release the mouse button!

But if I'm not mistaken you can't load multiple samples per kit voice (e.g. kick or snare) for multi-velocity response to playing.

Actually you can, but you have to create the velocity layered sample in the EXS24. Then you can import it in Ultrabeat.

Exactly! And if you can constrain yourself to map those between C1 and C3 you'll be able to import the whole thing just by drag and dropping.

Useful things I learned today. Thanks you David and Eric.

Dragging an EXS 24 drumkit (with 8 velocity layers per kick and snare) from Logic's Finder onto the assignment section of UB worked like a charm :D

Each respective drum voice in the kit was selected in UB after drag n' drop.

Adjusting the top Layer slider in Sample Mode from top to bottom etc while the UB sequencer played revealed each sample velocity layer for the selected voice.

I like all that the EXS 24 offers as a built-in Sampler and the ease of multi-outputs in UB. Aside from knowing that UB could import EXS 24 instruments I tended to view UB and EXS as two separate instruments. This little adventure really points to the interactivity of the various elements of Logic.

Very cool 8)