Editing takes that are packed into a take folder

chillywilly

I have found it awkward to edit takes after I have packed them into a take folder. I think I should be able to (and please help me if I'm wrong) expand the takes view, switch out of QuickSwipe Comping, and edit any take as desired. Regions copied from a take get placed on the comp lane when pasted, which totally screws up the integrity of the comping process. There must be a better way to do this. This is probably just user error. Please help!

The problem with Option+drag is that if I'm dragging a tiny sliver of audio from one end of the song to the other, I will need to drag it until I reach the edge of the timeline window... and since the timeline window does not automatically scroll when the cursor reaches the edge, I am forced to put the audio segment down. Now what happens when I do this? Logic chops up the audio underneath and deselects the audio from the QuickSwipe comp. Then I have something ELSE to fix. It's really annoying, especially if I have to pick up and drop the audio several times.

The problem with Option+drag is that if I'm dragging a tiny sliver of audio from one end of the song to the other, I will need to drag it until I reach the edge of the timeline window... and since the timeline window does not automatically scroll when the cursor reaches the edge, I am forced to put the audio segment down.

It does scroll, but you have to find that spot that makes is scroll...

Another solution is to open two arrange windows, located to two different spots in the timeline.