The Creator Behind Sculpture

Donau

Sculpture is my all time favorite marvel. I use it daily and I always manage to squeeze something new and surprising out of it. It so strange to me that it never got the attention it deserved. It seems so underrated, perhaps because most people never spent enough time with it to actually learn it. Still to this day I haven't found many physical modelling synthesizers that could compete with the complexity of Sculpture.

Anyhow, I've been trying to search everywhere for who actually is the creator of this instrument. I haven't been able to find any name whatsoever. I'm sure a lot of people were involved though. Would it be some guys from emagic, or some apple developers since it came with logic 7?

Well, I'm just asking since I'm curious to find out the history behind this amazing instrument.

Anyone?

Markus Sapp from emagic/Apple did Sculpture, the same guy who developed the ES2 (and Klopfgeist ;) )

http://www.sapp.de

Here's one of his patents on modelling string vibration, probably used in Sculpture (or derived from that work):

http://imechanica.org/files/StringVibrationPatent.pdf

Wonderful! Thank you so much! I assume he's still working for apple's "logic division"? Got any more information about the synth? This is great! :)

Not sure, but he probably still is - that patent from 2008 is from him and submitted by Apple, so he certainly was at Apple then...

hmm, strange to wait four years before throwing in the patent since Logic 7 appeared in 2004. Anyhow.. I wonder what the guy is up to nowadays?