Mixing: AKG K 240 MK II or Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro?

Hey everybody

In two weeks, I will attend an online class for Logic Pro (offered by dubspot.com) which will last for six months and cost me more than just a little money, so I am very motivated to get out of it as much as possible. ;-)

The problem is: I will be traveling a lot during the next months, so I will have to use headphones instead of monitors. I browsed a lot of websites concerning the question, what headphones are suited best for producing music, and while all of them agree that you should always have some good monitors in addition to good headphones, they differ quite a bit in what headphones they suggest.

So at the moment I think about getting an AKG K 240 MK II or a Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro because they are semi closed (I would even prefer opened ones because closed ones tend to become very warm, and I will be traveling through South America - but I don't know in what environments I will be producing music while traveling, whether they will be quiet or not, so semi closed seems a good compromise) and have got constantly quite good reviews on most of the websites I've been, so there doesn't seem to be much controversity about them.

Now I'm interested to know whether someone of you has already experience with these headphones and can tell me whether they fit my needs? I will be trying to produce progressive psytrance or something like that (I guess this is an important information, too).

At the moment I'm favoring the AKG because of it's look...

Thanks a lot for any reply...

Josh