Flexing a beatmapped audio region with tempo changes?

mejon

I'm attempting to engage flex on a session that I've imported from Pro Tools. I've beatmapped the session in Logic to the printed click, and the entire session plays perfect in Logic, and Logic's click matches the original printed click just fine. There are tempo changes throughout, and they translated into Logic spot on.

All hell breaks loose when I engage flex on these tracks. Logic moves transients do other places, aligning transients to something other than the beatmapped tempo that I created.

I started a new session, and just imported the click track, beatmapped it just fine, engaged flex, and the same thing happened. I experimented with removing tempo information from this audio region before and also after beatmapping, and it had no effect.

So, my question is, is it possible to engage flex on tracks have been beatmapped but contain tempo changes?

I can provide some screenshots if that helps.

thanks,

Jon

Here's the session. It's just the imported click track with tempo changes. It's beatmapped in Logic perfectly, but when you engage flex, it moves the click transients to some other tempo map.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D232729_6156564_890561

below are screenshots with before/after engaging flex.

thanks

Jon

1492643114_ClickBeforeFlex.thumb.jpg.2db9fa28473e677c99ca256c600f9b0b.jpg

Click before flex

2111501183_ClickAfterFlex.thumb.jpg.cc715eff44bdd323412c14d6f1dc6c84.jpg

Click after flex

Try 'Export Tempo Information to Audio File' before you do the Flexing.

ETA: From the manual:

Importing, Removing, and Exporting Tempo Information

When you record or bounce an audio file, the current Tempo List is added to the file. You can then use the saved tempo information for importing or exporting purposes.

In some situations, you may want to import tempo information from an audio file that was recorded in a different project. The tempo of the selected audio file is used in place of the project tempo, but only within the borders (start and end points) of that file in the Arrange area.

To import tempo information from an audio file:

Choose Options>Tempo>Import Tempo Information from Audio File in the main menu bar.

You can also export the current tempo value within the borders (start and end points) of a selected audio file in the Arrange area. However, you should first remove any tempo information that exists in the audio file.

To remove tempo information from an audio file

Choose Options > Tempo > Remove Tempo Information from Audio File in the main menu bar.

Then you can export the current tempo information to the audio file.

To export tempo information to an audio file

Choose Options > Tempo > Export Tempo Information to Audio File in the main menu bar.

As an example: Imagine the situation where you have an audio recording that wasn’t recorded to a metronome click, and therefore contains slight tempo variations. How do you get this audio recording to follow the tempo of your current project? Your first step is to beat map the track to make the display of the free recording rhythmically meaningful (see Beat Mapping Audio Regions). Your next step is to remove the tempo information from the audio file (see above). As a final step, export the current project tempo information to the audio file (see above).