Channel tracks shifting vol. by itself

amc336

I have a session in logic 9, with about 30 tracks...Some tracks (no matter what automation is written) will shoot the channel volume to +6db. I tried deleting all automation and change it back to 0db, but as soon as I play the track they shoot right back up to +6db, no matter what i do they lock at +6db. Can anyone help me figure out how to stop the tracks from shifting on its own? Thanks in advance

I'm getting exactly the same thing, after re-installing Logic on my new Mac.

Nothing at all complex about my projects. Often just instantiated a plugin (Spectrasonics, or my Virus Snow) and, voila, the fader shifts to plus 5 or 6 dB. No automation or anything. mmmm. :?

The only significant change is a shift from Snow Leopard to Lion.

If you see my previous thread about this ( Master Fader going to Zero ), you're realise you are not alone. I think this is a major bug and nothing to do with midi controllers. It is a complete show stopper for my business and I'm going to have to revert back to my old MAC running Leopard/Logic 8 Until it's sorted.

If this is some new major bug in Logic, then how come you are the very first to encounter this, where everyone else in the past has discovered that it was either rogue Automation Events, rogue MIDI CC events or a hardware controller and/or its driver being the culprit? Bugs don't somehow 'grow' into a software. I'm willing to bet just about anything that it is NOT a bug in Logic.

Please provide the requested screenshots?

My midi controller was off when this happened. I checked the event list, and theres nothing out of the ordinary that would cause this.

Not just off but unplug and if that doesn't resolve matters, also remove it's drivers too if you can.. Then use the Step Input Keyboard built into Logic and see if you get the same issue.

I'm pretty certain this is a errant/not fully Lion compatible driver/midi controller related issue but I won't say that 100% until several other tests have been done.

Also, the screenshots as requested earlier, are vital for anyone here to be able to properly troubleshoot and help resolve this issue so please, post them up!

My midi controller was off when this happened. I checked the event list, and theres nothing out of the ordinary that would cause this.

Not just off but unplug and if that doesn't resolve matters, also remove it's drivers too if you can.. Then use the Step Input Keyboard built into Logic and see if you get the same issue.

I'm pretty certain this is a errant/not fully Lion compatible driver/midi controller related issue but I won't say that 100% until several other tests have been done.

Also, the screenshots as requested earlier, are vital for anyone here to be able to properly troubleshoot and help resolve this issue so please, post them up!

Thanks for the assistance, i was able to fix it...It was the midi data. I happened to import and old midi file from a different source and this weird fader lock at 6db was written in the midi data. I retranscribed the midi notes into a different track and replaced the imported data, and that removed the fader shifting.

Thanks for the assistance, i was able to fix it...It was the midi data. I happened to import and old midi file from a different source and this weird fader lock at 6db was written in the midi data. I retranscribed the midi notes into a different track and replaced the imported data, and that removed the fader shifting.

Yes.. that makes much more sense and again, this adds further proof to the theory that there is no bug.. Issues like this are almost always related to midi data coming from one source or another... or errant drivers.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you got it sorted out...

Cheers..