64bit export to movie

Dorian

Hi y'all. Just got some new plugs and decided to make the switch to 64bit.

Running LP 9.1.4 in 64bit I notice that the option to "export audio to movie" is gone. Or has it just moved? There are work arounds but that option has always been "pretty handy".

info?

Yeah I know. So, if you have lots of samples open, you have to bounce in 64 bit, quit, change the setting, open another project sync and export. At that point you might want to use another app to glue the two together which is what happens on the final anyway. The export is/was just a quick way to send advances. Oh well....

Thanks.

Agreed it's disappointing. It's because Logic uses QuickTime and QT isn't 64 bit. It's not like Apple didn't know 64 bit was coming and were taken by surprise. They obviously have more important things to deal with - so find your favorite work-around until it's upgraded.

Folks keep saying "quicktime isn't 64-bit" but isn't that statement false? Quicktime X IS 64-bit, and is used by FCP X, the new 64-bit edition of the software.

I suspect we'll see the return of the export to movie command (seems simple enough right?) but the firewire output to video is probably gone for good. Apple isn't exactly keen on supporting outdated tech, and the firewire DV codec is as old as you can get.

I have QuickTime X (10.0). My experience with Logic running in 64 bit is it (QT) doesn't work the same as Logic in 32 bit mode. Perhaps there is another reason for this? I'm still in Snow Leopard, possible people with Lion are able to use a different version and not have this problem.

Maybe that's the reason I'm looking for to finally convert to LIon.....

I'm running Snow Leopard and so far the only bug I've found in QT is the export thing. It does seem a bit slower at redrawing when changing screen sets but no sync problems although up until now the longest cue I've done in 64bit has been 7 minutes. I have QT 10 and 7 both on my machine. Is there any way of telling which one Logic is addressing or is 10 the default?