9.1.6 update: no sound, no meters, automation still moves

kronik

Hi I have been using 9.1.5 with snow leapord on my MBP with no probs for a while now but after updating to 9.1.6 it's acting a bit strange.....after updating I loaded a project and started working with no problems at all....went back to the project the next day and the project loaded fine but when I pressed play no sound came out? Logic was still receiving midi and I could see the automation working so basically it was working but no sound? Not sure what they are called but none of the level metres were active on any tracks? So I rebooted my MBP then loaded logic and it worked fine? Strange? Then the other day I was working on another project all fine no problems,I went to get some food was gone 1hr maybe 2 went back to my project pressed play and the same thing was happening? So sound but all working? The only way to resolve this is to reboot my MBP :(

Any help much appreciated

I'm using MBP with SL predator minimoog kontack

Sounds like some kind of driver issue or incompatibility... though you are using a Motu so that seems unlikely so long as you are using the latest versions yes?

Running Motu's here and rock solid in 9.1.6

Anything else changed about your system or setup recently? Have you installed anything else around the same time as the update was done?

Edited by n6smith

Ahh will check the motu drivers and check if it still happens with built in sound...... The only thing that has changed apart from the update is I've got an extra portable drive connected so I'll disconnect that as well and see how I get on. Would moving onto Lion help?

Thx