Result code 108... Memory full ??

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was having the same problem, however, your solution hasnt helped me. I've "reorganised" my memory as much as it could be but the number being shown is still something like 456248, which is mostly likely way too high. It still wont let me merge tracks. I bought lots of ram and now have over 4gb on my pc, Ive even deleted most of the songs and audio clips from my pc of other tracks so this one can benifit, but i cant seem to merge anything!

(I am using logic pro 5.5 with XP)

I am really stuck with this, please help if you can. cheers.

Try this (If it's relevant) Take off the "Loop" function on the audio object your trying to "Merge"

That way Logic doesn't create audio for all the virtual loops, and there for does not have to use so much memory.

It worked for me. I don't recall testing it fully, but it may help.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

i'm also having problems with this. i do quite a lot of editing & the merge facility is really quite an important tool for me. however, this has just appeared after i've upgraded my pc, never had problems with my old spec;

new pc: pentium 4ht 3.0ghz, 2.5ghzram.

old pc: pentium 4 1.7ghz, 756mhz ram.

both machines running xp & logic platinum 5.5.1

can anyone please help, i really don't want to have to move over to c*base

I don't remember: does your version of Logic have multiple undos? If it does, try limiting the number of undo steps saved in your preferences.

Sorry, but I can't imagine Apple will ever release a new PC version. I have found that in general that number is not tied to the amount of RAM available, but to the number of Regions, events, objects and such used in Logic. I have had problems with songs that contained a LOT of Regions (600 to 800), and have helped them by setting my number of undo step to 1 (that was in Logic 7 on a mac).

i've found out it's something to do with the amount of ram i have, seems anything over a gig is a real problem for 5.5.1, i tried limiting the undo steps & clearing the undo history. i get the same problem even if i reboot & open a completely new song, it still refuses to merge the smallest of files. can i limit the amount of ram xp or logic uses to 1gig?

I have had problems with logic's memory after adding new RAM for my system (which is, by the way, well configed)

now I work with 1.5g RAM (400mhz) and I have no problems even with very very big projects (60 audio chan. [Drums] 10 instruments [logic's synths and sample base inst.] and a lot of effects).

I think, It's all a metter of configurations.

Logic 5.5 and Windows XP doesn't know how to handel a huge amount of RAM (like you both have) so I will recommend you to reduce the amount of RAM on you system.

Yeah, thats for sure... Windows XP sucks in every thing related to memory mangament.

anyway, It worked for me, thats for sure.

i've found out it's something to do with the amount of ram i have, seems anything over a gig is a real problem for 5.5.1, i tried limiting the undo steps & clearing the undo history. i get the same problem even if i reboot & open a completely new song, it still refuses to merge the smallest of files. can i limit the amount of ram xp or logic uses to 1gig?

Sorry, i didn't see that comment, you are right.

And for your quation: No, you can't do this on Windows XP unless you use VMware server or something similiar....

Settings on my computer, I think it will work well for you to.

* 1.25g DDRAM 200/400mhz Ram (I use 200mhz becauseI have 3 chips and not 2 or 4) Again, I can add more but I prefer not to.

* Virtual memory set to min:1536 max:3072 Not on the same HD with the audio files.

* My multiple undo steps are "limited" ( :wink: ) to 70.

* Check for anythink that strat on startup, I prefer having nothing starting up with my system. Use msconfig (from run) and uncheck it all from startup. use regedit Local_machine>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVerion>Run and delete anything that seems unimportant. Do the same for Current_User>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVerion>Run.

Have fun.