speeding up exs load times

ChrisHipgrave

hey Chris,

While I do agree EXS Manager is a must have tool for keeping your exs libraries in check, if you don't have the spare cash for it you can use the project manager to help things some. Go into the project manager and do an expanded scan, once the scan is finished save the project database. Sounds to me like the exs is searching all possible drive paths to find the samples. The project manager will relink those paths so that the EXS24 doesn't have to search for them everytime you want to load a patch. Just make sure you save the project database from the one of the menus in the Project Manager(It's been a while since I've done this)

see I avoid the project manager like the plague, I remember when I first started using it I scanned all of my exs instruments and bam! now logic loads slooooowww as molasses. I reinstalled and then used EXSmanager and Logic is still very zippy even though I have TONS of EXS files

Open Project Manager.

1. Scan Paths: Drop all your hard disks into the window as 'exclude paths'

Then drop the relevant folders containing the Sampler instruments and Samples into the window as 'include paths'

Browse mode

Select 'File Types'

2. Functions/Expanded Scan

3. Functions/Find unresolved file references for selected items

Make sure you do all steps.

I've done this a number of times and it works fine.

Since you know where all your EXS samples and instrument files are, you can just select those directories in PM. Then use the "Find unresolved" function. I do this whenever I add new samples/libraries - and they're all on an external drive. After resolving file references your EXS instruments will open up lightening fast.