connect my microKorg to logic

markushommgmx.de

hi guys

i ma new on this forum. I use logic for 3 years. I have got a G5 and logic 7

i connect a yamaha 01x and in to that i go0t a microKorg.

I read that i could use it as a synth tru audio in witch i also connect like that and on top of that also as a midi keyboard. So as i said i did connect audio and midi in and midi out it to my yamaha o1x.

my question is how can i use the synth in a midi track. i like to use the sounds of the korg and edit the keyas a s midi? i read and heard that that is possible. Also i would prefer it so i can use my master keyboard to play that sound of the korg.

I have no expreiance with that yet so if its possible pleaqse try to keep it simple. i guess i have to connect somethig in the environment window but dunno what :)

hope to get some help of u pros.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the quick and easy to capture midi from your sound source.

1. You need to hook up your audio outs from your instrument to your interface

2. In Logic, instantiate an Exrternal Instrument (see screenshot). Your midi destination is the midi channel your keyboard is transmitting its sound from. Your Input is the input you used on your interface to plug in your jacks, as set up in step 1 (mine here is 5-6).

3. At this point, you will get the sound from your keyboard, but you will only record midi. Once you've fixed up your midi to whatever perfection you want, just bounce it down to an Audio track, setting its input to (as in my case) 5-6.

Good luck.

1052269657_Picture1.png.8a2885fd0b26196fe55580ccb51b716b.png