Copying settings

truc606

I have two songs that are the same i have recorded to different vocals on each track. One track has been mixed and I like the levels. Is there a way that i can copy the those settings to the other track without having to save every plug setting and writing down every single level ?

You can copy all plug-ins and their settings by using the Channel Strip Setting menu's copy and paste functions (click on the word INSERTS on the channel strip to access the CSS menu).

You can copy the volume automation from one track to the next: make sure you're looking at the volume automation of the desired track. Command-click the automation fader (right of the track list) to select all the automation on that track, then Command-C (copy), select the new track and Command-V (paste).

Let me know if any of this doesn't work or if you don't understand any of the terminology I'm using.

Here is what you can also do: let's say your original track is Audio 1 and you want to copy all CST and automation to Audio 2.

1) Select Audio 1

2) Copy CST

3) Choose Track > Create. This will create a second Audio 1 track.

4) Click hold on the second track's name and reassign it to Audio 2: this will pop up a dialog letting you copy all automation from Audio 1 to Audio 2.

5) Select Audio 2

6) Paste CST