more than 1 audio interface

JustinMTMinds

Depends on the type of tracks.

I am not sure if you have 2 audio channels (i.e. 2 line/guitar) ins that can be used. One Mic input and two unbalanced inputs... :? who thought of that one?

Anyway, If Logic shows that you have Input 1 and Input 2 capability per device, then you can use Audio input1 and Audio input 2 from each device, along with all the Audio Instrument channels.

If not then you have 1 audio per device and 'x' amount of Audio instrument capability.

You have to open Audio MIDI Setup, and setup an aggregate device: Audio > Open Aggregate Device Editor.

Then click '+' to create a new aggregate device (you can name it whatever you want). This is a virtual interface composed of several audio interfaces. Check both audio interfaces in the list at the bottom.

In Logic, choose Audio > Audio Hardware and Drivers and set the drive pull down to the new aggregate device, then Try (Re)Launch.

they both have 2 inputs but logic will only allow me to use the inputs of the driver I have currently selected in my audio hardware and driver pref. I see 4 inputs in my channel strip. but I am only receiving signal from the driver currently selected in my audio hardware and driver pref.