Midi and Audio 'Off-cuts'

woods101

Hi guys,

Got an annoying bug regarding audio and midi 'off-cuts'. I can have a region that is an exact bar length (see vid below), region settings are 'no -overlaps' so there should be no parts of regions underneath other regions, but sometimes when I cut or move a region these little slices appear. As I work through a project more and more are generated and they sit under regions and cause problems when copying or moving stuff around meaning certain regions shrink (to become the same small slices) or just disappear. Anyone else suffering this or have a solution at all?

Wasn't sure how to post a vid here so here's a dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr44nd0bdqx4cd3/Glitch%20Bits.mov?dl=0

• 3 years later...

Having the same issue. I had missed a note in the first half of the verse, so cut and pasted one from the second half. (simple enough right?) Then I try to click on it to apply crossfades and poof, its gone and Logic displays it as one entire clip.

Logic, being illogical as always. The glitches and "smart options" are seemingly endless. Very close to just learning Ableton at this point. Too many yrs of dumb issues that should never be issues.

Anyone found a fix for this?

Despite the attempted blameshifitng to the software, this very obviously is a PEBCAK.

For this kind of operation, you switch from Drag Mode Overlap to No Overlap and poof, no more overlaps occur when copying Regions around.

PEBCAK!!! lol I like that! (had to google it but I like it) Thanks for all your help & patience fuzzfilth! been on Logic for yrs but new to this forum.

You were correct, this worked for me!!

You're a gem!