Change the scale of the level meters - Logic Pro 10.7

facej

I normally have my channel strip metering scale set to "Exponential: Provides higher display resolution in the upper level meter range."

On my machines, 10.7.0 and 10.7.1, the "Scale" option in Preferences>Display>Mixer is missing. My fader scale is set to "Sectional dB-linear" which is not what I want.

Am I the only one?

Feedback submitted.

Logic Pro X 10.6.3, Logic Pro 10.7.0

OS X 10.15.7, macOS 12.0.1

iMac19,1 27" - 3.6 GHz Intel 8 Core i9 - 40GB memory -

MacBook Pro M1Pro 14" - 16GB memory - 10 core - 16 GPU - 1TB SSD)

Behringer XR18 - iPad Air (4th gen) - LaunchKey 37 mk3 - LaunchPad X - ioStation 24c

Logic Pro Command of the Day

I didn’t check (not being at the studio) but that option was apparently removed in those last versions.

I don’t know why…

Nevertheless, the documentation keeps mentioning about same…

Perhaps an omission?

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, that's incredibly disappointing.

In popular genres you're looking for detail in the signal in that upper region more than anything else. Why on earth would they chuck that simple functionality away?

Main Studio: 2x2.66GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon : 48GB Ram : OS HS : LP 10.4.6 : Apogee AD-16x's and DA-16x's

MBP : 2022 M1 MBP : LP 10.7.3 : Apogee Duet

Wow, that's incredibly disappointing.

In popular genres you're looking for detail in the signal in that upper region more than anything else. Why on earth would they chuck that simple functionality away?

If I had to guess I'd say it's most likely because of confusion with people changing the preference unwillingly or using a different system set to a different preference and thinking that something is wrong with their levels - only because they are displayed with a different ratio.

But that's just a guess.

My new book on Logic Pro is out!

Right.

It's a shame they didn't think to hide it for people/amateurs who don't turn on the advanced / enable complete features option.

Main Studio: 2x2.66GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon : 48GB Ram : OS HS : LP 10.4.6 : Apogee AD-16x's and DA-16x's

MBP : 2022 M1 MBP : LP 10.7.3 : Apogee Duet