M1 MacBook Air- 8GB ram enough?

Hi everyone, I hope you are well.

I have not yet replaced my 2013 MBP that had the logic board failure due to concerns with the M1 processor and updates.

It has probably been asked a lot before but is 8GB ram enough for EDM production using lots of effects per channel, and also recording my ideas on guitar?

I am currently getting by with my 2010 MBP for basic ideas, but it gets a system overload at around 4 strips.

If 8GB ram is enough I can stretch to get the MacBook Air instead of a used intel based Mac, just want to be sure it is enough nowadays.

Thank you all, Conan.

2013 15" MBP, 2.4Ghz quad core i7, 8GB ram. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface, pair of SM58's, ESP LTD MH1000 main guitar. Mid 2010 13" MBP core 2 duo as backup.

Logic 10.4.1, macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on main machine. Logic 10.3.2 on backup running El Capitan.

If you were able to use the 8GB 2013 MBP to do your work you should probably have no trouble using an 8GB M1 MacBookAir.

Logic Pro X 10.6.3, Logic Pro 10.7.0

OS X 10.15.7, macOS 12.0.1

iMac19,1 27" - 3.6 GHz Intel 8 Core i9 - 40GB memory -

MacBook Pro M1Pro 14" - 16GB memory - 10 core - 16 GPU - 1TB SSD)

Behringer XR18 - iPad Air (4th gen) - LaunchKey 37 mk3 - LaunchPad X - ioStation 24c

Logic Pro Command of the Day

Thank you, I was able to for sure.

I just meant in future, I understand RAM is what it is (in different newer types though) and if it is a con paying for a new computer at that price it will it run quite smoothly for a good while?

2013 15" MBP, 2.4Ghz quad core i7, 8GB ram. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface, pair of SM58's, ESP LTD MH1000 main guitar. Mid 2010 13" MBP core 2 duo as backup.

Logic 10.4.1, macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on main machine. Logic 10.3.2 on backup running El Capitan.