Controller Assignment advice, please

simoncroft

I've hit a limitation with my slide show' that displays what my assignments actually do every time I hit one of my controller buttons. I've done this by using Markers to go to specific positions on a video, running on a second copy of LPX on a Mac Mini.

You've probably grasped the limitation by now. Yep, there are only Controller Assignments for Markers 1 - 20 in the dropdown menu, and I can't find and way to get to Marker 21+, short of using the 'Go To Marker Number' command and entering the Marker Number manually, which is not exactly a route to an efficient work-flow.

If anyone can come up with a work-around, I'll be most grateful.

(When I used CAs and Markers to create a sort of karaoke juke-box for live use, I got round the limitation by running the next 20 songs on parallel audio tracks and simply wrote in Solo commands to determine whether tracks 1-20 or 21-40 were audible. That doesn't help me with this one, alas...)

simoncroft said:

No, I hadn't thought of that, but that is precisely the kind of input I was hoping for. As long as I can work out how to switch between Marker Sets using CAs, that could do the job. Thank you. It's really appreciated.

I don't see a KC to switch between Markers' sets...

How about using the Marker's list editor window to list and browse through the various markers? That would involve using a mouse click though... However, with the help of Automator (or another more efficient app such as Keyboard Maestro), you could transform a KC into such a mouse's click Marker selection from that list...

Atlas007 said:
I don't see a KC to switch between Markers' sets...

How about using the Marker's list editor window to list and browse through the various markers? That would involve using a mouse click though... However, with the help of Automator (or another more efficient app such as Keyboard Maestro), you could transform a KC into such a mouse's click Marker selection from that list...

I like the way you're thinking. :D I have another idea, which is not perfect, but is very easy to implement. I'm only trying to locate 40 individual 'video slides' to correspond with the functions of the controls when you click on any of 40 buttons on the MIDI controller. We know that Marker 1-20 can be accessed through CAs. This is a bit clunky, but if I create a Marker scheme like the one below, I can access all odd-numbered buttons directly (1-20) then use a Go To Next Marker command to access the marker for the even numbered button to its right.

The only real downside is it creates an extra button push for every even numbered plug-in Assignment selected. The plus side is it works!

1792456416_Screenshot2022-03-07at17_53_42.png.5bcd2b598177e5fd9e298b80e4403be0.png