Ideas for apps/tools?

Since my recent beginning in exploring JavaScript a bit deeper, I've already created 2 simple apps/tools (https://www.cyclopaudio.com) and I'm looking for more ideas to create new things, so I can:

1 - Provide tools for everyone

2 - Learn more about JavaScript

So if you have any ideas for tools you would like to have, but never found anywhere else, please let me know.

They can be for music or not. Anything goes!

I'm still not exploring any programming language that allows me to create audio plugins, so that's not an option (for now) ;)

Important note: these ideas are not supposed to be things that are related to Logic as I cannot change how Logic behaves. At least, not with my knowledge. My request is more for standalone tools such as the ones I shared above. Things that can be useful for your music workflow (or not related to music at all), that can be either displayed on a website (like the link I shared) or files that can be downloaded to your computer so you can use it even if you have no internet connection.

Feel free to share your ideas here and I will see what I can do.

Thanks!

Hi Danny,

Dont know if these would possible here's what Id find very useful:

- A (reversible) rating system (at least 5 increments) for anything that has a preset in Logic - Synths, Sampler etc including Apple Loops.

( Last time I looked Alchemy wont let you reverse your star rating which isn't helpful if you click on one by mistake. I understand you can reset Alchemy to start fresh but you'd probably lose any comments you make as well. )

- Like Alchemy it'd be great to have a searchable comment feild for presets / Apple Loops

- The ability to hide an Apple Loop you never want to see again

- Any other ideas to make it simpler to find the presets/sounds you love.

Hi Danny,

Dont know if these would possible here's what Id find very useful:

- A (reversible) rating system (at least 5 increments) for anything that has a preset in Logic - Synths, Sampler etc including Apple Loops.

( Last time I looked Alchemy wont let you reverse your star rating which isn't helpful if you click on one by mistake. I understand you can reset Alchemy to start fresh but you'd probably lose any comments you make as well. )

- Like Alchemy it'd be great to have a searchable comment feild for presets / Apple Loops

- Any other ideas to make it simpler to find the presets/sounds you love.

Thanks for your requests.

Unfortunately, I'm not that knowledgeable and some of your requests are definitely things that only Apple could create.

I've updated my post to make that clear, though, because it probably wasn't.

Feel free to read the "note" I just added and if there's anything else you can think of (based on that note), please let me know :)

When it comes to Apple Loops, I always recommend people to use Loopcloud, which is free (all you need is a free account via Loopmasters so you can download the app).

It's way better than Logic's loop browser and it gives you so many more options like custom tags. You can import only the loops and samples you want and you can also hide stuff you don't want to see.

You can create custom searches, for example, all loops with the tags "snare", "dubstep", "crispy".

It's a great tool. Check it out!

What you're offering is a kind gesture Danny.

Thankyou for your response, and yeah I thought it might be a somewhat difficult task. If I think of anything I'll post.

Always a pleasure to share stuff with other people, if I know it will help them.

I know how it feels like when I'm in need and someone helps me with a tip or a piece of software.

And at the moment, I'm enjoying exploring JavaScript and the possibilities behind it, so it's a win-win situation.

People get to have more tools and I get to practice :)