Can Scripter see articulation ID events?

Lets say I want to do something to all things I've set to pizzicato. Possible using Articulation ID's as an event target? or if I'm using CC's to switch articulations would I just use the CC's presence and then target note events that are at the same time as those CC events?

you can see the articulationID as an attribute of each event coming into Scripter. However, be advised that if you are using an articulation set to send CC's to the instrument to switch the sounds....the articulation set will strip the articulationID from the event at the time it sends the CC. So in that case, Scripter won't see the articulationID because it has been stripped.

In order to handle that you would need to avoid using articulation set output section for sending the CC, send the CC from your script also, while also doing whatever else you need to do based on articulationID

I’ve been thinking about being my DP up to the latest because of things it does that nothing else does; and Logic is cool (and the price is right) but I’d been working in Cubase because of the insane macros and generic remote trickery. Do you miss all the scripting from Logic or just work around it?

All the DAW's have pros and cons... DP definitely has some cool unique features related to Chunks...and that is why I'm trying it for a while. When they added articulation maps to DP11 that was what I needed to make the move. I do miss the scripting, I was rather addicted to fooling around with LogicPro Scripter for a few years, but honestly that was also a bit of a time drain...so maybe I'm better off? There are third party scripting solutions that can do the same kinds of stuff as Scripter, though Scripter is arguably easier in a few ways.

Cubase also has some cool things going for it, but really if I have to choose between Logic and Cubase, I'd probably choose Logic, except for the all the bugs lately...(knock on wood). All three are power DAW's that have been around a long time, all have some bugs too BTW...and all have decades of features that have grown into them over time. It really come down to whatever workflow works for you, in the way you work, you can get big projects done effectively in all of them and will find people all over the internet that favor one or the other...but plenty of happy people using all of them....so really its just kind of up to you, what you like. LogicPro's Scripter is definitely a cool feature for custom situations. There are many other cool features in LogicPro also, I find it to be the best of the three in terms of instruments and song writing tools...though I wish they would bring back the chord track.

I did a series with full virtual orchestra, gamelan ensemble and rock band with ProTools recently, so yeah, almost anything will get you there if you feel good about it and it doesn't fight you.

Cubase is surpassingly deep for external control via TouchOSC/Lemur/Open Stage or what have you, it has expression maps going for it, and I like some of how it handles latency, but it dislikes my hardware (HDX).

DP has the most insane tempo mapping via hit points and its articulation management shows promise certainly but there's not so much you can do with scripting and at this point I feel like it almost requires Patchboard to be really great.

I like things about Logic but I'm frustrated by its scripting that doesn't do what I want because of where in the hierarchy it operates.

I've used ProTools the longest. It's transparent. Direct. Very little metaphor creep. Treats MIDI and audio the same mostly. Not made for massive templates but there are ways to manage them like using markers to show/hide groups of tracks. Soundflow takes it to another level of macro usage. Allows each region to have its own realtime MIDI properties, which is very useful. My favorite comping system because I know it the best. It doesn't seem to handle tons of VI's as well as some of these others, and has always (ironically for Avid) had issues with video for me to the point where I just got Video Sync and run that via MMC.

So nobody is perfect but lots of cool things throughout.

Utterly agreed about the rabbit hole of scripting and configuration in general. I'd hoped that VEPro would be the modular solution for DAW-agnostic library use I'd dreamed of - but the added latency has always been a real impediment, so I wind up having to use instrument tracks in whatever host, so there went that.

Theoretically anyway, I like how Studio One handles latency with a dual-buffer system, but I just don't like being in there. Not going with Ableton. So... some of these manufacturers need to listen to what composers want because they want the same things as the kids do but the composers more often know how to talk about it.