Output/Input device changing bug

croke79

Hi everyone,

I am using a midi controlled keyboard (System Setting for Input device), and speakers (external headphones for Output device) which works fine.

However, while I am recording or playing, the audio will begin initialising on it's own with a pop-up window, and my settings changed automatically to "ZoomAudioDevice" for both input and output. Even when I change back to original settings, after about five minutes it will update by itself again.

Zoom app is completely closed, and as you can imagine this issue really hinders the recording process.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I'm also experiencing this issue of my input output seetings being changed.

In my case it's to one called Background Music (https://github.com/kyleneideck/BackgroundMusic), "a macOS audio utility: automatically pause your music, set individual apps' volumes and record system audio."

Last night when I stopped using Logic (and my Mac Mini completely) it was set to System Setting. This morning when I sat down to resume the project, both input and output had changed to Background Music.

I'm going to uninstall Background Music, because of this PITA behaviour, and see if things settle down.

In croke79's case, if they are still using Zoom, that wouldn't appear to be an option.

The question for me is: Why does Logic allow these other apps to interfere with user chosen settings? It's *really* annoying.

On 5/14/2022 at 4:11 AM, Koofarapoliphenol said:

Why does Logic allow these other apps to interfere with user chosen settings? It's *really* annoying.

Normally when an audio device (hardware or software) is connected to your Mac or launched, an alert pops up in Logic Pro to asks you if you want to use that device. If you select Yes, then the device is selected in Logic's audio preferences. If you select "Do not show this message again" at the bottom of the alert, then that device will become automatically selected every time it's connected or launched.

image.png

If you change your mind, choose Logic Pro > Preferences > General > Notifications, select that notification and click Reset Selected Warnings:

image.png

• Love 1
  • Wow! 1