My snare mix keep changing

qkrgusdb33

I have this weird problem that I don't quite know how to explain but I would try my best.

I'm making a song with Logic Pro X using TR 808 software from Roland Cloud for my drums.
I used Logic's stock EQ and Zenology FX's "Spectrum" to shape my snare sound.
After I'm satisfied with my snare sound I move on to work on other parts of the song.

While I'm working on other parts of the song without even touching the snare, I don't know exactly when but suddenly I notice that the snare sounds slightly different from what I previously made.

So I open the back up copy project file and compared, and it really does..

What's going on here ? 

( It doesn't sound the same even though I put the exactly same effect preset I saved from the other project file. )

I have this exact same problem!! It's been driving me crazy.

It's also with the TR roland drums. The base sample I was using from the kit that comes with logic, TR-808 kick just randomly changed sound in the drum machine designer.... Meaning the kick was a certain sound, now it's a different sound, but the waveform is the same! I've removed all processing/effects and compared the samples -- they are identical in waveform and settings, yet one sounds completely different (less bass, different frequencies).

This really seems like a bug in logic.

One thing I've notices is it's something related to the pad on the drum machine designer, because if I reimport the kick it still sounds wrong. But if I import onto any other pad it sounds correct. I've initialized all the pad settings and kits, removed all processing and effects and it still sounds wrong.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:47 AM, triplets said:

Can you commit to the sound, like a bounce in place?

Here is the difference. 

I think the changes occur when I'm using too much power ? cpu ? I don't really know about computers but I I heard the Roland Cloud ACB instruments use a lot of cpu, so when I freeze my instruments like keyboard bass etc, The 808 drum becomes back to what I previously made ? but I'm not even sure if that drum sound is what I previously made...

On 4/26/2022 at 9:01 PM, simon.a.billington said:

If you have multiple tracks/sounds that are contributing to the sound of the snare then it might be that they are falling out of alignment with each other.  That would result in a sound that varies in tonality over time.

I'm using a 808 plug in not samples. And I'm not layering any sounds on the snare

• 3 weeks later...