Set track output to concrete Bus short shortcut?

I usually set my Bus 256 to a printing audio track so I can send whatever I want to record it there. Its something I tend to use a lot so I was wondering if somehow you can create a shortcut which can set the output of the track to bus 256 automatically whenever I need it, and even if I could set it as a shortcut in the Logic Remote app. Thanks in advance!

50 minutes ago, des99 said:

No, although you could use something like Keyboard Maestro to automate it.

The proper solution though is to set these necessary things in your startup template, so every project you make has all the tools and setup you need for your workflow.

Didn't know that Keyboard Maestro thing, been looking for something like that for a while. I knew soundflow which is similar someway but I refuse to pay monthly for that. That would do the job then? 

About the template, I know, but this are decisions I make on the go and I don't want to waste time doing that action over and over again, and for example Studio One has this option of making macro shortcuts where you can automate few actions/parameters with just pressing one command.

I was just responding to "something I use a lot" so it might make sense to always have it set up and available for use (although I now see it's less of a config thing, and more of a workflow thing.)

Logic doesn't currently have anything in the way of macros, so you'd need something external to do a similar job - I use KM for remote controlling Logic when necessary, so that's what I prefer. You can always try the fully-functioning demo and set it up to see whether it's useful for your needs before committing...

Edited by des99
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, des99 said:

I was just responding to "something I use a lot" so it might make sense to always have it set up and available for use (although I now see it's less of a config thing, and more of a workflow thing.)

Logic doesn't currently have anything in the way of macros, so you'd need something external to do a similar job - I use KM for remote controlling Logic when necessary, so that's what I prefer. You can always try the fully-functioning demo and set it up to see whether it's useful for your needs before committing...

Will definitely check it out. Thanks mate!!

2 hours ago, fuzzfilth said:

Is there a reason to not just Bounce In Place ? Other than "We don't do that here..." ?

Yup, sometimes you get this weird artifacts that just can be captured in real time, such as when going through presets, realtime parameter autos etc etc, you get more like an “analog vibe” working that way. At least I have more fun working like that.

I see. If I'd find myself doing that a lot, I'd set up Send 1 to Bus 256, at unity gain, and bypassed, on all Channels, also a recording Track that is muted, and save this as my Template. So all that's left to do is rec-arm (or even just select) the recording Track, activate the Send on the source Track and record away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuzzfilth said:

I see. If I'd find myself doing that a lot, I'd set up Send 1 to Bus 256, at unity gain, and bypassed, on all Channels, also a recording Track that is muted, and save this as my Template. So all that's left to do is rec-arm (or even just select) the recording Track, activate the Send on the source Track and record away. 

Good one! Will set it that way too. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...