how do I switch to Rosetta for Logic?

kerochan

40 minutes ago, kerochan said:

No, I am on an Intel 2015 15" Macbook Pro

You won't have Rosetta on an Intel Mac.  Rosetta is only needed for M1 systems to run Logic (or other apps) in Intel Mode for the purpose of supporting apps, add-ons, plugins, etc..  that do not work natively on M1.

All you do on an M1 system is go to Applications, right-click Logic Pro, Select "Get Info", check the box "Open using Rosetta".   To reverse just do the same and uncheck "Open using Rosetta".

Regards

Edit-I see Des99 already answered while I was typing:)   Anyway the steps are included above.

Edited by markno999
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to invade this post with a slightly broad question, but I've been having an issue with Pro Tools which I've been troubleshooting elsewhere. Somehow Rosetta came up, though it seems not a factor in my PT problems. Anyway, re: Logic, is there any particular reason for me to run Rosetta? I've had it on probably since I installed Logic on this Mac, and didn't even think about turning it off until just now. So far, things seem to run fine - same as with it on. No harm in keeping it turned off?