Logic Pro 10.7.4 Released

Deif

New in Logic Pro 10.7.4

Stability and reliability

• Fixes an issue where Logic could hang sometimes when using Slate Digital plug-ins.

Spatial Audio

• Fixes an issue where Logic could default to the headphone media playback movie Spatial Audio setting on some Mac models.
  • Bed and Object tracks now remain in sync with each other when bypassing and re-engaging the Dolby Atmos plug-in during playback when using the Apple Renderer.

Plug-ins

• Resolves an issue where notes could hang when playing Audio Unit software instruments on Apple silicon based Macs.
  • Third party MIDI FX plug-ins now pass polyphonic MIDI data as expected.

Automation

• Automation and Smart Controls are now available for all Audio Unit Instrument parameters

Bounce and export

• Offline bounces now sound the same as realtime bounces when using the Apple Renderer.

General

• When the audio file recording format is set to CAF, Logic no longer records audio files as AIFF.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

• Deif changed the title to Logic 10.7.4 is out. Includes automation paramaters bug fix

all good here (so far). can't speak on the automation issue, since i am not using any of the affected plugins. but am working as usual.

just opened a logic file that showed the generic thumbnail in the finder, re-saved it, and it's (still) the same generic icon (& nothing showing in quicklook). ugh. but otherwise, no weirdness (yet...)

13 minutes ago, sunbrother said:

No fix for the latency compensation bugs they introduced one year ago (almost to the day)? Interesting.

My understanding is that this is a complicated issue, not just "one" bug. Depending on your signal routing, something may work in one version and not in the next because once they fix one issue for a specific routing they may break the behavior for a different routing. 

4 minutes ago, MorphineNoir said:

Hmmm - not seeing it in the App Store under "Updates"

might be still rolling out. or you could try signing out/back in to the app store, see if it shows up. and have you renamed logic? it should just be "Logic Pro" in your apps folder (ie if you added '10.7.3' or something).

just some ideas...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MorphineNoir said:

Apple rolls out updates at different times depending on your locale, most likely to avoid their servers from being slammed, or perhaps for legal reasons? Or maybe just sometimes it takes time to propagate to everyone's Apple Store, even in the same locale. It's been like this for every update, some people see them before others, without any clear rationale as to why.

Just be patient and keep trying. 

• Like 1

How did I know this was going to happen today?

Because there I am, for the first time in ten years or so, *finally* adding my Logic version number into my sig, thinking "Well I'm going to have to keep this up to date now" - and bam, it's already out of date! 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MorphineNoir said:

I've come across this before, an update not appearing in the App Store section.

Solution: In the lower left of the App Store window, click on your name. This will show all apps that you have purchased. Click on the three dots to the right of the Logic Pro app. This will give you the option to get or download the update. Something like that.

Edited by 60s Pop Man
incomplete spelling
  • Like 1

Winding down after day in the studio using 10.7.4, it seems stable enough, feels like it loads projects faster (from 10.7.2), and automation is back to how it should be with the plugins I knew were effected.

Time to update the signature (glad they’re back, btw), making it an official update lol.

Edited by RobertAnthony
Typo

6 hours ago, Crumbs said:

Are you on M1? Try running Logic in Rosetta mode, that doesn't crash here.

I am. Tested on an M1 MAX MBP14, two M1 Mac Minis, and an M1 Macbook Air.

Interesting thought... If I understand correctly, the features I need for these workflows (monitoring through Apple Renderer, being able to turn on head tracking, etc) require M1, and so presumably would not work in Rosetta mode, but I'll try that as an experiment.

Maybe a kludgy workaround would be to open the ADM BWF in Rosetta mode, save as a Logic project, then reopen running Logic natively on the M1... The things we do to find out whether a mix is going to sound alright in Spatial Audio.....

29 minutes ago, jmob said:

I've never bounced in real time. is there a benefit?

i've had two projects (in about 12 years), that needed to be bounced in real-time, because certain elements did not render correctly in an offline bounce (a weird sustain issue, and a synth's arp not playing correctly).

i could have, of course, bounced those parts in place, but a real-time bounce did the trick...

24 minutes ago, fisherking said:

i've had two projects (in about 12 years), that needed to be bounced in real-time, because certain elements did not render correctly in an offline bounce (a weird sustain issue, and a synth's arp not playing correctly).

i could have, of course, bounced those parts in place, but a real-time bounce did the trick...

Yeah, it's been decades since I've need to do that as well.

Is anyone on M1 having this bug too?

Logic Pro 10.7.4 Settings Pop-Up Menu Plugin Setting BUG - anyone else??? (Arturia, Soundtoys, Korg, Native Instruments, Serum, etc)

In Logic Pro 10.7.4 I can no longer see my presets in the settings pop-up menu for Arturia plugins, Soundtoys plugins & more.

No matter what preset I chose I always see "Untitled" in the box. Anyone else is having the same bug?

Edited by seq998
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, seq998 said:

Is anyone on M1 having this bug too?

Confirmed here, I found it when investigating the SoundToys Effects Rack crash when recalling presets, which I know Apple were fixing on their side. It was indeed fixed, but now we seem to have this new, more widespread issue.

Edited by des99
  • Love 1