Should track automation get deleted when I apply a new preset effect?

Steve12

I note that the automation does not get deleted it is region automation, or if I have the track automation open below the track (ie, hit the little triangle on the track that displays the automation below it).

Is this a glitch? Or is this working as it should and there's something that I don't understand here?

• Like 1

David Nahmani
This post was recognized by David Nahmani!

"Thank you for noticing that and adding that info!"

polanoid was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, David Nahmani said:

Indeed I was able to reproduce this bug: 

1. Create a software instrument track with a MIDI region. 
  2. Add some region automation (Volume for example). 
  3. Choose a new patch from the Library: the automation is deleted. 

I'll report it and am moving this to the Bug section. 

I don't see this here. After Step 3, the track switches from Region to Track Automation and from Volume to Pan (which I guess can be considered as a bug as well), but when I manually switch back to Region Automation and Volume, the automation is still there as I created it in step 2.

It does happen for Track Automation, however, so maybe you meant "Add some track automation" in Step 2"?

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, polanoid said:

I don't see this here. After Step 3, the track switches from Region to Track Automation and from Volume to Pan (which I guess can be considered as a bug as well), but when I manually switch back to Region Automation and Volume, the automation is still there as I created it in step 2

You're completely right. Thanks for posting that! 😀

Mine doesn't switch from volume to pan but it switches from Region to Track. I have to switch back to Region, then I see Note Velocity, so I have to click the automation parameter menu and choose Volume again, and my region automation is still there. 

BTW #2 please also note that this does not seem to happen for all Patches in the Library. Still trying to figure out a pattern here...

EDIT: I just noticed it seems to be connected what the original post already states - if automation sub lanes of the track are visible, this does not seem to happen. So that would at least be a workaround to prevent this from happening

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1