No audio coming into Logic Pro

Iceberg

Hello

I've always been using hardware (multitracks) for recording, but I'm now preparing to change it to computer music so I just downloaded the 90 day trial version of Logic Pro, from the Apple site and the issue I'm having is no audio coming into it; I'm using a Zoom L20 Livetrack as the audio interface and all works, audio comes to the Mac, but not into Logic; any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Hello David,

Thank you for your reply; it is set this way and the output as "Built in output"; the LEDs on the Zoom strip channels light up as I play an instrument and on the Mac (system preferences>sounds>input) it shows that sound is coming in, both from the Zoom and the internal mic; it's just not making it to Logic, somehow

2 hours ago, des99 said:

Also you need to grant permission for Logic to access the microphone, or your Mac will block incoming audio to it as a security measure.

Yes, that's done

7 hours ago, triplets said:

Did you put the L20 in Audio Interface mode?

Logic should then see 22 inputs if it's selected as an input device.

Yes, I have done that and the L20 is set as input; as I mentioned the Mac shows audio coming in just not making it to Logic

4 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

How does the Mac show audio coming in exactly?

System Preferences>sounds>input indicates that sound is coming in, as the bar moves, both from the L20 (when I play my instrument) and the internal mic (picking up ambient noise); now I believe the problem is with the L20 as another multitrack worked and I was able to record some tracks on Logic; what puzzles me is that Logic recognized both interfaces as soon as I plugged them in, same dialog box popped up for both, asking me if I would like to use them as interfaces

On 5/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, David Nahmani said:

You're welcome! Let us know if that helps. 

Thank you again, David, I followed your advice on how to setup the L20 and it all worked fine; and of course as my luck had it, everything works with my Macbook Air and suddenly no audio comes out of the iMac upon playback even using another DAW, both 2015 and running Big Sur, same configuration; time to roll up the sleeves; also, thank you for putting out that wonderful Logic Pro book! just recently received it.

• Like 1