Backing track problems

Lucas1

I use logic for very simple means. I record vocals, and then send them to an engineer to mix. I dont produce any music in logic. So all it consists of is using a backing track to record vocals. My girlfriend updated my mac without my knowledge to Big Sur, last year. Since then whenever I pull a backing track into logic and play it out of logic, it plays all choppy kind of like the sound of a movie on fast forward. Don't know how to fix this. Any help? I'm a novice with this kind of tech stuff. Many thanks

34 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Can you give us information about the audio files? Are they AIFF, or WAV? What sample rate, 44.1 or 48kHz? 

If you start a new empty project in Logic and drag and drop a single one of those audio files, do you get the same issue? 

Thanks for your reply. The Wav file is 48kHz but that won't even load into logic. I just get the annoying apple spinning disk and end up having to force quit, and that goes for any wav files. The audio files that Im able to drag are mp3 and the sample rate is 44.1. and the same thing happens with any file I use. If I start a new empty project, same issue

53 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

How were the 48 kHz file that give you the spinning disk produced? Do you know if they're 24 bit audio files? 

As a test you could produce your own 48 kHz WAV file and try to drag and drop it from the Finder to a new empty project and verify that that is working as expected?

Yes 24bit. How do i go about producing my own wav? also just to note that literally all sound files are doing the same thing.

43 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Drag a few apple loops to an empty project that you set to 48kHz (File > Project Settings > Audio) and bounce the project choosing PCM and "WAV" as the file type. Then close that project and open a new empty project and try to drag that file you just bounced back into the empty project. 

Tried that still does the same thing. When I try with the new wav bounce it says ''The added audio file contains tempo information. I have to click import for it to go onto. the logic. same problem. Tried with a new mp3 bounce which goes into logic without notification about tempo. but still same problem with the sound. I think I may have to get the new logic. thanks alot for your help. If youve got any other suggestions I'm all ears. :)

just a thought; should the OP consider updating logic to 10.4.7? that's the final version of LP 10.4, and, since the problem started with the OS update, it might help (of course, a newer logic might help too).

am headed out, will let david sort this out (he's one of the logic gods here)...