Bounced wav does not align in new project

tjallen55

I’m adding drum recordings to scratch tracked songs. I’m using a template to make a new project with 18 audio tracks to record mic’ed drums. I import the wav file that I’ve bounced from a scratch track project, for the drummer to play along with. Problem is the imported wav file does not align even though all project settings are the same. I have to manually align the region to get it to match the click. I should be able to just align the start of the region to the grid. Maybe I’m not bouncing the wav correctly. 
I’m doing this for several songs for an album and need the original beats to align perfectly with the new project. But it’s a bit of guesswork since I’m not including drums or click with the scratch track. The scratch tracts include electric guitar, electric bass and vocals recorded in my studio. 

Edited by tjallen55

• tjallen55 changed the title to Bounced wav does not align in new project
2 hours ago, tjallen55 said:

I should be able to just align the start of the region to the grid.

Not necessarily. If you have any limiters or adaptive limiters with a lookahead function anywhere, Logic will delay the audio by milliseconds to have everything synced. So the bounce won't be on the transient of the first hit or bar.

• Like 1