Roland TR-8 multiple tracks

Avoss

Hello, 

I have a question about my Roland TR-8 (a drum computer). When I create a beat, I want all of the single instruments (like the kick, snare, toms etc) on a different track in Logic so I can adjust them individually. I know that it’s possible, I just don’t know how.  I’m recording the TR-8 through the Scarlett Focusrite interface (with a Jack-cable). I learned that you can record multiple tracks using different inputs (for example input 3 for the kick, 4 for the snare etc). But how does it work with the Focusrite? 

Thank you, Avoss 

If your Scarlett has two inputs, then that is the maximum number of inputs you can record simultaneously in Logic Pro. 

However, if you program the MIDI in Logic Pro then you can trigger and record first the kick in one pass, then the snare, then the hi-hat etc. If the MIDI for each kit piece is a on different track you can simply solo a track and record the output of the TR8 for that kit piece on a separate audio track, one by one. 

The TR-8S features audio over usb, while I believe the TR-08 does not (?), so which one is it ?

EDIT Found this on SoS :

"With USB connected (and the drivers installed) your computer will see the TR‑08 as a 12-in/two-out audio interface as well as a MIDI port for clock and sequencing" So you should be able to select the tr8 as input device in Logic preferences and create 12 audio tracks and press Record, basically...

Edited by JakobP
  • Like 1