Serum track changed without input

Brujo1

Hello,

This is somewhat of an emergency actually I worked quite hard on the best baseline I have ever made using serum.  I continued working on the track and did not touch that bass track again.   Then after hours I went to listen to the whole song and the bass sounded completely different much higher and sharper and totally clipping which it was not doing before.  The sweet bass was gone.  It is moving in the same way but the tone is just different almost like a mono stereo type of difference..... I'm not sure.

So I tried reverting to a previous save ( I saved it right after making the baseline) and low and behold even the previous saves are somehow corrupted and the bass sounds like s#!+.   

Any ideas here I'm desperate for some help!

Even when i revert to an earlier save The corruption is there.  All the other tracks remained unchanged.

how could it carry over to a previous save?

Could it be a macro or global setting in serum?

To make the track in the first place i copied over an 8 bar loop, and on the serum track i was using i created new with duplicate settings.  Then i worked the sound into a whole new bass and was amazed it was the best bass i had ever made.  I saved it right away.

I do remember at one point trying to take the bass into a new section by again using "new track with duplicate settings"  Copied down the track to the new one and it sounded exactly like this, high, tinny and clipping.   So i was like whoa thats no good!  pressed undo a few times and quit project without saving.  Then i opened it back up, and it was fine, no shitty bass.   

Relieved i continued working the song and made progress, then ready for bed i listened to my handiwork and when i went to that section, the bass was out of whack, same exact sound.  Without the low nice bass and much higher and offensive sounding.  

So i used the "revert to"  function to open the exact save i had made and opened before which had the good bass, and low and behold even previous saves were corrupted.

The track did have automation in logic.   LFO 1 and LFO 4 modulation, but thats it..

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 5.18.30 PM.png

Yes the output to bus 15 is intentional  and although the bus itself has no output, its because of a wierd configuration with the plugin Volume Shaper because Volume Shaper automatically outputs to the stereo output, so you have to select no output for that bus otherwise you are essentially doubling your sound, you can see most of the other tracks also go eventually to bus 15,  

Bus 15 is not the problem.  Its so wierd that it carries into previous saves, seems to indicate something going on with serum.

But my other serum tracks on this project are unaffected. its just this one.  the most important one lol

thanks so much for replying

4 minutes ago, Brujo1 said:

Yes the output to bus 15 is intentional  and although the bus itself has no output, its because of a wierd configuration with the plugin Volume Shaper because Volume Shaper automatically outputs to the stereo output, so you have to select no output for that bus otherwise you are essentially doubling your sound, you can see most of the other tracks also go eventually to bus 15,  

A plugin that does routing in the background would drive me crazy.

I usually suspect 3rd party stuff and controllers when Logic does weird things.

Agreed it is extremely annoying having the routing that way.  But since even the previous saves are corrupted it seems to indicate a problem with the way serum is loading it.

This is a weird one no explanation in sight