How to assign controls for layered sounds that work throughout the whole song

MikkoH
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hi!

I'm a long time Locig Pro pro user and I'm pretty comfortable with Main Stage, but now I'm taking a leap of faith and will perform our upcoming concert totally on Main Stage. 
We play progressive rock with lot's of different sections. I've created patches for the each respective "parts" for each section of the song. I have layered, split and configured all the sounds, mapped them to my two controllers. So all good.

But is there a way to set universal level controls for each layer even when I change the patch?

Let's say I have a patch where on the lower keyboard I have 3 pads - the first one is split to the bottom of the keyboard but the rest 2 are layered. I have assigned faders to these pads so that I can bring them in gradually.

The problem comes when the next section of the (11min) song comes and I load the next patch with completely new sounds. I would like to control these sounds (layers) with these same controls. But I notice that the assignments that I have made apply only to the this one particular patch I mentioned before.

Is there a way to set level controls that work throughout the whole set?

in the picture, the selected (MARCH) patch is the one where I have made the assignments. 

I hope this made sense and someone could be able to help me?

Many thanks!

Mikko

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 21.23.34.png

• Solution

AFAIR, to use a given control over more than a patch, it has to be set on an higher hierarchy level (aka song or concert). The nomenclature might have changed since I used it.

Thus the workaround would be (I believe) to route the output of your layers to channelstrip(s) controlled at that/those higher hierarchy level.

11 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

AFAIR, to use a given control over more than a patch, it has to be set on an higher hierarchy level (aka song or concert). The nomenclature might have changed since I used it.

Thus the workaround would be (I believe) to route the output of your layers to channelstrip(s) controlled at that/those higher hierarchy level.

Yeah, I figured this would be the case.

I actually got around it by just assigning the faders on each patch. The actual sound may be different but I realised that since I never have more than 4 layers so I don't even have to label the faders on MainStage, they just go in order of the channel strips. 

Thanks for the tip though!